5 29 14.15%

4 22 10.73%

3 18 8.78%

2 6 2.93%

1 18 8.78%

Total:205
Kai_Mao said:
E3 is a weird dynamic at times.

We criticize companies showing CGI trailers of games being developed for the following year or two, but praise another doing the same thing?
Same with showing lineups. We praised Microsoft showing 2019 games while some criticize that their 2nd half of 2018 is somewhat questionable. We praise Nintendo for showing some games coming up soon in the year but criticize them for not teasing more of the following 1-2 years, when they said they were focusing on 2018 titles. We praise Sony for showing quality games we already know for 2 years, despite not knowing the release date of a few of these titles. It seems like there’s no balance when it comes to criticism at times. Which is it?

PS3 had a crappy E3 info blowout in 2006 but managed to do ok. Nintendo had a bad E3 2008 but the Wii/DS sold really well that year regardless. E3 isn’t the end all, be all, especially when Nintendo and Sony have future Directs and Conferences the rest of the year, respectively. I like watching every year but I’m not expecting the world.
It'd help if you'd stop talking like we're a hive mind. Some people like seeing the far future, others like seeing the near future. Regardless of your preference though, Nintendo's showing was bad.

Around the Network

Well. A few things. A lot of you are overreacting. But it's the internet, so it's expected. And you can't give the presentation a 1. You just can't lol.  And Smash isn't a port. If you still think that after yesterday, you really, really, really need to reevaluate. The presentation was pretty lame, though. I'll agree with you guys there. I wasn't very happy with it at all.

Last edited by ohmylanta1003 - on 13 June 2018

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:

Well. A few things. A lot of you are overreacting. But it's the internet, so it's expected. And you can't give the presentation a 1. You just can't lol.  And Smash isn't a port. If you still think that after yesterday, you really, really, really need to reevaluate. The presentation was pretty lame, though. I'll agree with you guys there. I wasn't very happy with it at all.

"And Smash isn't a new game. If you still think that after yesterday, you really, really, really need to reevaluate."

Just showing how pointless these comments are, as is the argument in general. What people wanna call it doesn't matter, wont change the actual game itself which both sides can agree looks great, so we should discuss that and keep the "new game or not?" discussion in it's dedicated thread.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

"And Smash isn't a new game. If you still think that after yesterday, you really, really, really need to reevaluate."

Just showing how pointless these comments are, as is the argument in general. What people wanna call it doesn't matter, wont change the actual game itself which both sides can agree looks great, so we should discuss that and keep the "new game or not?" discussion in it's dedicated thread.

A lot of people are rating their presentation based on the fact that they think Smash is a glorified port. So if I want to say something about it not being a port, I will and you'll just deal with it lol.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

A lot of people are rating their presentation based on the fact that they think Smash is a glorified port. So if I want to say something about it not being a port, I will and you'll just deal with it lol.

Likewise you're not gonna stop anyone from calling it a port and will just have to deal with that.

Around the Network
Lonely_Dolphin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Likewise you're not gonna stop anyone from calling it a port and will just have to deal with that.

I never said I was trying to stop anyone lol. But you certainly were trying to stop me. Big difference there.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

I never said I was trying to stop anyone lol. But you certainly were trying to stop me. Big difference there.

So what was the purpose of your comment then?

Lonely_Dolphin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

To point out that those people are wrong. Is that okay with you or should I ask you for permission to post here in the future?

ohmylanta1003 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

To point out that those people are wrong. Is that okay with you or should I ask you for permission to post here in the future?

So you're just being a petty instigator then. Fair enough!

Lonely_Dolphin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

So you're just being a petty instigator then. Fair enough!

Nah. I just don't want someone telling me how and where to post. You're not a mod or OP, so lay off.