Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rate the E3 2018 Nintendo Direct

Rate the Nintendo E3 2018 Direct

10 14 6.83%
 
9 6 2.93%
 
8 22 10.73%
 
7 35 17.07%
 
6 35 17.07%
 
5 29 14.15%
 
4 22 10.73%
 
3 18 8.78%
 
2 6 2.93%
 
1 18 8.78%
 
Total:205
Lonely_Dolphin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Well. A few things. A lot of you are overreacting. But it's the internet, so it's expected. And you can't give the presentation a 1. You just can't lol.  And Smash isn't a port. If you still think that after yesterday, you really, really, really need to reevaluate. The presentation was pretty lame, though. I'll agree with you guys there. I wasn't very happy with it at all.

"And Smash isn't a new game. If you still think that after yesterday, you really, really, really need to reevaluate."

Just showing how pointless these comments are, as is the argument in general. What people wanna call it doesn't matter, wont change the actual game itself which both sides can agree looks great, so we should discuss that and keep the "new game or not?" discussion in it's dedicated thread.

A lot of people are rating their presentation based on the fact that they think Smash is a glorified port. So if I want to say something about it not being a port, I will and you'll just deal with it lol.



I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
"And Smash isn't a new game. If you still think that after yesterday, you really, really, really need to reevaluate."

Just showing how pointless these comments are, as is the argument in general. What people wanna call it doesn't matter, wont change the actual game itself which both sides can agree looks great, so we should discuss that and keep the "new game or not?" discussion in it's dedicated thread.

A lot of people are rating their presentation based on the fact that they think Smash is a glorified port. So if I want to say something about it not being a port, I will and you'll just deal with it lol.

Likewise you're not gonna stop anyone from calling it a port and will just have to deal with that.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

A lot of people are rating their presentation based on the fact that they think Smash is a glorified port. So if I want to say something about it not being a port, I will and you'll just deal with it lol.

Likewise you're not gonna stop anyone from calling it a port and will just have to deal with that.

I never said I was trying to stop anyone lol. But you certainly were trying to stop me. Big difference there.



I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
Likewise you're not gonna stop anyone from calling it a port and will just have to deal with that.

I never said I was trying to stop anyone lol. But you certainly were trying to stop me. Big difference there.

So what was the purpose of your comment then?

Lonely_Dolphin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

I never said I was trying to stop anyone lol. But you certainly were trying to stop me. Big difference there.

So what was the purpose of your comment then?

To point out that those people are wrong. Is that okay with you or should I ask you for permission to post here in the future?



I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
ohmylanta1003 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
So what was the purpose of your comment then?

To point out that those people are wrong. Is that okay with you or should I ask you for permission to post here in the future?

So you're just being a petty instigator then. Fair enough!

Lonely_Dolphin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

To point out that those people are wrong. Is that okay with you or should I ask you for permission to post here in the future?

So you're just being a petty instigator then. Fair enough!

Nah. I just don't want someone telling me how and where to post. You're not a mod or OP, so lay off.



I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

I think that to a certain extent, Nintendo is being punished for how quickly they're clearing the deck here. I very much enjoyed Sony's showing, but of their big five games, four were announced well over a year ago.

Put into context, in between Sony announcing The Last of Us Part II and Death Stranding, and their eventual releases, the following games will have been both announced and released:

-Mario Odyssey
-New IPs, Arms, Snipperclips, and 1-2-Switch
-Splatoon 2
-Mario + Rabbids
-Xenoblade Chronciles 2
-Kirby Star Allies
-Mario Tennis Aces
-Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
-Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Evee
-Super Mario Party

Personally, I prefer this to hearing about the same games several conferences in a row. The teasing and delay of Breath of the Wild was annoying, and while I understand why they did it, showing the Prime 4 logo was kind of cheap.



ohmylanta1003 said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:
So you're just being a petty instigator then. Fair enough!

Nah. I just don't want someone telling me how and where to post. You're not a mod or OP, so lay off.

"Nah?" There's not really any denying that your initial post called people out. I don't need to be a mod or OP to criticise poorly made post and suggest that we try not to have every Smash related thread devolve into a pointless argument.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Nah. I just don't want someone telling me how and where to post. You're not a mod or OP, so lay off.

"Nah?" There's not really any denying that your initial post called people out. I don't need to be a mod or OP to criticise poorly made post and suggest that we try not to have every Smash related thread devolve into a pointless argument.

If you want to steer threads in a certain direction, then I suggest you do become a mod. Otherwise, you shouldn't be telling other people where or how to post. You've made this thread way more off topic simply by calling me out for something that was on topic.



I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.