6 35 17.07%

5 29 14.15%

4 22 10.73%

3 18 8.78%

2 6 2.93%

1 18 8.78%

Total:205

Not great/10

They announced virtually nothing and spent 30 minutes on what is basically a glorified port. Not impressed.

Around the Network

Now that the sadness has passed a bit and Splatoon 2 DLC is coming tomorrow, I'd still only give this a 4 at best, but yeah it's not their worst E3. I suppose it makes deciding which games to get for the rest of the year a bit easier now that there's less to choose from.

They should have had a separate smash direct and left this one for the surprises/game announcements. They really took the worst approach with the information they had to work with.

Lonely_Dolphin said:
Bad show, very bad show! 2/10 only because I already gave EA 1/10. So much negative news, my heart could barely take it!

+Mech game is interesting, nice way to start
+Fortnite releasing today
+Console Mario Party finally drops the god damn car
+Fire Emblem looks good so far

-Fire Emblem gets delayed, please understand
-Yoshi not even shown, please understand
-Only 1 new 1st party announcement, which is just Mario Party
-Xenoblade DLC does nothing for me
-Splatoon 2 DLC still lacks a date
-Wasted time on the Pokemon cash grab
-Smash ends up being a port despite Nintendo implying otherwise and letting us think it was a new game
-Spent way too much time on Smash over tiny details
-amiibo still aren't dead

I understand you changed your rating to a 4 already, but I fail to see how Smash Bros Ultimate is a port, not an entirely new game.

pikashoe said:
bigtakilla said:

I would be ecstatic to be proven wrong.

Don't worry you don't need to be proven wrong because you are already wrong haha.

And yet still this feeling of disappointment.

Around the Network

It was bad, but the games they will announce all year will be better than the total announced by anyone else. They just don't like to announce games that aren't coming out in 8 months unlike many others (Cough* Bethesda).

zygote said:

They should have had a separate smash direct and left this one for the surprises/game announcements. They really took the worst approach with the information they had to work with.

That's assuming Nintendo actually had more info to give us. SSBU is the filler for their lack of new information. The Direct would've been 20 minutes without it. Even more sad.

Subjectively: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion and Fire Emblem won me over easily. The first looks amazing, and fleshes out an interesting part of the story. I just hope it has lots of Mythra, even though the trailer seems to focus mostly on Jin/Lora and Malos and their intersecting paths. Fire Emblem looks absolutely amazing...it's like the Radiant successor I've been waiting for over a decade. Ahhh! These two alone win E3, everything else was gravy.

Objectively: They spent too much time on Smash and not enough on other announced games. First 20 minutes were stellar, but after that, it might as well have been a Smash Direct.

Fortunately I like Smash though, so 8/10.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Big letdown for me given I’m not into smash, fire emblem, or mario party but I guess ones reactions might vary depending on how they view those games. The only consolation is that I don’t think e3 is that big a deal to Nintendo and they could easily announce some good stuff at a future direct. Hoping they’re keeping their cards close to their chest so to speak but it might be delusional of me to think like that....I do know I’ll be going back to my other console for a while and probably use my switch for travel purposes...

If I wasn't so stressed out from life right now, his conference would have made me sad. As it is, all I can muster is 'meh', They brought nothing to the table I'm really excited for and I hope they have a direct with whatever retro is working on, animal crossing, pikmin 4, more info on Metroid, Bayonetta, and Yoshi.....*sigh*