By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What Is Happening To Gaming Forums?

It depends on context. To me the two scenes show life for Ellie. In one she is having "normal" life hanging out with friends and attending a dance. We get insight into her relationships and her state of mind. Ellie went through hell in tLoU making her among the most hardened people in her world. Yet, she is still shy and unsure of her own sexuality. Where does she belong, kissing at a dance, or murdering in the field? In one she is awkward and uncomfortable coming of age, the other she is a seasoned veteran at ease with what is required.

I think if you watched that and found the kiss more provocative than the brutal execution it can be viewed as how our priorities as a culture in gaming are skewed.

Around the Network

I'm too lazy to deal with different rules across different websites. Some have really weird rules that you would not even expect.

The solution is don't subscribe to forums and you won't be banned. Or if you do, do it with just one, like VGC. So far I'm ok with the rules here, they are not perfect but they are certainly reasonable so why go look for "trouble" elsewhere?

This is just a personal opinion, feel free to subscribe anywhere you want of course.

TruckOSaurus said:
bubblegamer said:

Got it, a straight kiss is relatable and one like this makes a statement.

And then you wonder what people mean when they say homophobe.

Everytime I kiss my husband, it's solely to make a statement. Why else would you do it?

He stole the last piece of gum, and you gotta go get it back?

I hadn't paid attention to The Last of Us 2, so the ban reason was hard to follow. The topic was actually a lesbian kiss, that makes a lot more sense in the context of an agenda against men.

After looking at the trailer in question, I can't say that I care. For one, those weren't hot chicks. And two, there's no way to know if the man who got stabbed in the neck didn't deserve it.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

It's two lesbians kissing... even straight men watch hot lesbians.

Around the Network
Random_Matt said:
Why you felt the need to come out with anything is beyond me, which suggests you have a problem.

Mate, my dream was to be a writer. I studied and practiced for more than 35 years and whilst I eventually gave up, I learned a hell of a lot about narrative construction. There are many layers to writing, a lot of which aren't even visible to the reader, they're there for the writer. I see those because I did it for 35 years and many other people see it too. Many don't though.  

The PS5 Exists. 

SpokenTruth said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Ok, for context I've just been banned from Resetera for a week.

Cliffbo, what were doing at Resetera to start with?

What ... what? Are you a E-mpire guy? 

The PS5 Exists. 

Nymeria said:

It depends on context. To me the two scenes show life for Ellie. In one she is having "normal" life hanging out with friends and attending a dance. We get insight into her relationships and her state of mind. Ellie went through hell in tLoU making her among the most hardened people in her world. Yet, she is still shy and unsure of her own sexuality. Where does she belong, kissing at a dance, or murdering in the field? In one she is awkward and uncomfortable coming of age, the other she is a seasoned veteran at ease with what is required.

I think if you watched that and found the kiss more provocative than the brutal execution it can be viewed as how our priorities as a culture in gaming are skewed.

Exactly, some people saw the kiss as agenda driven, but how come they didn't see the man getting his abdomen cut open as an agenda towards desensitising us from violence.

it WAS agenda driven and how i know that is that i knew 100% that they were going to pull something like that with the trailer
the minute i saw the girl start dancing with ellie i was like "AH HAH!"

"I feel as if intelligent conversation is being stifled and anyone with a different point of view"
get used to it... its only starting to ramp up and at some point you'll have to make a choice to give up you capacity think things through rationally or give in to the borg lmao

Kirin_gaming said:
Nymeria said:

Exactly, some people saw the kiss as agenda driven, but how come they didn't see the man getting his abdomen cut open as an agenda towards desensitising us from violence.

that's a valid point