By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - What Is Happening To Gaming Forums?

Teeqoz said:
Aeolus451 said:
I don't know why people question bans from resetera when it's widely known as a sjw forum.

You brought up a decent point though. I was a little put off my the trailer because that stuff was very subtle in the first game but now it seems more like a overly strong response to people on forums talking about her sexuality before. I don't care about fictional characters' sexuality and I don't want it thrown in my face. I'll lose interest if they keep it up.

So you lost interest when Nathan Drake and Elena got it on in Uncharted? Wasn't that in your face?

No, because I never had an interest in the uncharted games.

Anyway, most people would be fine with it because it's not trying to make a statement and it's relatable to most people. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Teeqoz said:

So you lost interest when Nathan Drake and Elena got it on in Uncharted? Wasn't that in your face?

Anyway, most people would be fine with it because it's not trying to make a statement and it's relatable to most people. 

Got it, a straight kiss is relatable and one like this makes a statement.

And then you wonder what people mean when they say homophobe.

bubblegamer said:
Aeolus451 said:

Everytime I kiss my husband, it's solely to make a statement. Why else would you do it?

Signature goes here!

Correcting the OP: I was banned in a forum for arguing with SJWs in a SJW safe space.

bubblegamer said:
Aeolus451 said:

Do people not understand what phobe means or something?

Straight kissing/sex isn't tied to any particular political movement or used as a statement. Ellie's sexuality and even Joel's sexuality were just background static in the game. It was very subtle and natural. This trailer is VERY in your face with her sexuality and seems like a retaliation to some comment on twitter. It doesn't fit into how TLOU presented info about the characters at all. So it's very much a statement in this case.

All kinds of sex was normal and in your face in Spartacus. It was natural for that show but Ellie and her friend kissing in front of guys for attention is not a natural situation in TLOU.

Around the Network
KBG29 said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:
Don't have time to read all of that right now. On my way to work. I just wanted to say, kissing in games is so cringe worthy. The animations just aren't there. Games need to leave it out all together.

Did you see the kiss in question? That is the best animated kiss I've ever seen. 

Yes, and it wasn't good. Saying it's the best doesn't mean much 

It depends on context. To me the two scenes show life for Ellie. In one she is having "normal" life hanging out with friends and attending a dance. We get insight into her relationships and her state of mind. Ellie went through hell in tLoU making her among the most hardened people in her world. Yet, she is still shy and unsure of her own sexuality. Where does she belong, kissing at a dance, or murdering in the field? In one she is awkward and uncomfortable coming of age, the other she is a seasoned veteran at ease with what is required.

I think if you watched that and found the kiss more provocative than the brutal execution it can be viewed as how our priorities as a culture in gaming are skewed.

I'm too lazy to deal with different rules across different websites. Some have really weird rules that you would not even expect.

The solution is don't subscribe to forums and you won't be banned. Or if you do, do it with just one, like VGC. So far I'm ok with the rules here, they are not perfect but they are certainly reasonable so why go look for "trouble" elsewhere?

This is just a personal opinion, feel free to subscribe anywhere you want of course.

TruckOSaurus said:
bubblegamer said:

Everytime I kiss my husband, it's solely to make a statement. Why else would you do it?

He stole the last piece of gum, and you gotta go get it back?

It's two lesbians kissing... even straight men watch hot lesbians.