By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Days Gone Launches Feb 22 2019

No way it keeps that date. If I was a betting man, I’d say it gets delayed to at least April-may.

Around the Network
twintail said:
taus90 said:
I really wonder, who decides to announce the release date at sony? and at what stage of the development? Coz I felt that after the delay of THE LAST GUARDIAN, from october to December, they learned not to announce the date early, even HZD was delayed just before 2016 E3, pushing it out from 2016 to feb 28 2017, So i assumed that the release date for GOD OF WAR, Detroit were held back intentionally so that they dont get the tag of delayed, these games dates were literally announced like 2 to 3 months before. although since last guardian I dont think Sony have delayed a game due to development issues. Most of them were to avoid clashing with heavy hitters in fall.

BTW, I cant believe how Sony Bend squeezed out of unreal engine. graphically its on par with heavy hitter at WWS,

Complaining that Sony announces a release date 8 months out is honestly the most bizarre thing. If you believe that recently they have been good about announcing release dates, why the sudden 180 on this?

Pretty believable release date.

who's complaining!? I just said I wanna understand the strategy behind announcement, at what stage sony think its ok to announce the release date, considering that dreams doesn't have one yet! Concrete genie,  and a game which is 8 months has it? like i said god of war detroit, spiderman release dates were announced just mere 3 to 4 months apart. I prefer the latter approach? and i have no doubt that sony will not announce a date if the studio and team are not absolute confident if they are going to hit the date, also I am pretty sure this delay has to do more with the business then technical issues

I'm actually really excited about this game now, it's starting to look damn good. At the beginning, it looked like another 3rd person action game with eye-rolling gunplay and characters who were mere cardboard cutout excuses to wield weapons against hordes of zombies, but it appears to be so much more. Movement, gunplay, characters and setting all appear to have gone through the machine another 2-3 times and is starting to look mighty tempting. If it has decent writing, I'm probably sold, still a sucker for post-apocalyptic settings and good 'ole zombie killing.

UltimateGamer1982 said:
No way it keeps that date. If I was a betting man, I’d say it gets delayed to at least April-may.

Why exactly? The game is playable from start to finish. We've seen lots of footage from the game. All they have left to do is to polish it. 

The PS5 Exists. 

UltimateGamer1982 said:

Why? All information we have is saying the game is basically done and it just needs polishing and optimisation. If rumours are true Bend is ahead of schedule and they are even delaying the game because of RDR2.

Around the Network

Im hooked on SoD2, I will be looking at this one about that time.. i will wait for more reviews first, since i am unfamiliar with it and will want to know more of the mechanics when it releases.

February 2019 seems like a very good release date for Days Gone imo.

I can honestly say their Alpha was better than most Alpha's I've been involved in. Though it had performance issues, some transitional problems etc, if all of the games content is done (which apparently it is), they have a ton of time to polish this up. Yes it has problems but nothing major from what I can see. They have a good 6 months on serious/lower side issues, they can get a lot fixed in that time, then 1-2 months on the most serious.

Apparently the Team at Bend isn't that big so I dont think the cost of delay is that big an issue for Sony. So if it makes a better game, why not, very smart from Sony if they could have released it sooner but left it.

Bugs/issues will be being worked on now, they probably could have released September/October, but with Spiderman being September and RDR2 October, they probably thought Nov/Dec, but there may be other titles releasing then to delay this game to ensure it goes in the normal old Feb/March Sony releasing schedule, which normally means the game does better anyway.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!