By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So I got permabanned from ResetEra

Aeolus451 said:
Teeqoz said:

Hillary Clinton is bitter that she lost, and she and Trump were the two least popular candidates ever. Not exactly a spokesperson for the left, but sure. As for that CNN guest - she was talked back to by the CNN staff. Aren't CNN left leaning? Doesn't this tick of an alarm that maybe, just maybe her opinions are more extreme than most people's? I don't know who Jordan Peterson is, or what he's done so I don't really have anything to say about that.

But I'll give you one thing - politics in the US are more polarized than most places, and there are several people on the left (and the right) that make unfounded claims and whatnot. I mean, the POTUS has claimed several times that climate change is a hoax for crying out loud. Bill O'Reilly referred to those criticizing Kanye West (wether that criticism was justified or not) as "the American Stalinists", which is just as ridiculous as throwing around "nazi" (which, hey, Bill O'Reilly has also done, as have people on the left). Surely you can admit that people from all sides of the political spectrum often ignore or don't seek out facts before they make claims? That people on both sides throw out stupid insults?

My reply to sundin13 can used as a reply to you as well. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/dev2016/post.php?id=8817495

Not really, unless you put the president of the United States and the previous host of the then most watched cable show in the country in the same group as Alex Jones and Candice Owens.

Around the Network
sundin13 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Of course but on different topics and with different people. It's not as prevalent with the conventional right but there's some like Alex Jones (with out there conspiracies) and Candice Owens (who's likely a fake conservative just parroting what she thinks conservatives what to hear which she thinks is stuff Alex Jones says). Both are very cringy even though they up good points or quote smart people but they're poisoning the well.

I can't agree with your assertion that it is any less prevalent on the "conventional right" than the "conventional left" and it is certainly not something contained to the backwaters of Infowars, when half of the things that come out of the president's mouth can be classified as blatant bullshit.

It's not 50/50. The left as I mentioned before have a habit of lying about everything from issues to people. There's no low too low.

Trump likes to lie especially in regards to himself like crowd size but he's right on most issues like MS13 or the paris accord. The right knows he's not perfect but he's shaking the political landscape in a positive direction for both the right (being more aggressive and not sitting on their hands) and the left (bringing classical liberalism back).

Personally, I like that he trolls the left into showing their asses which pushes people to the right or center. Lefties underestimate how goddamned annoying sjws are.

Teeqoz said:
Aeolus451 said:

My reply to sundin13 can used as a reply to you as well. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/dev2016/post.php?id=8817495

Not really, unless you put the president of the United States and the previous host of the then most watched cable show in the country in the same group as Alex Jones and Candice Owens.

You're wrong but believe what you want. We can this discussion when Trump is elected again.

Aeolus451 said:
sundin13 said:

I can't agree with your assertion that it is any less prevalent on the "conventional right" than the "conventional left" and it is certainly not something contained to the backwaters of Infowars, when half of the things that come out of the president's mouth can be classified as blatant bullshit.

It's not 50/50. The left as I mentioned before have a habit of lying about everything from issues to people. There's no low too low.

Trump likes to lie especially in regards to himself like crowd size but he's right on most issues like MS13 or the paris accord. The right knows he's not perfect but he's shaking the political landscape in a positive direction for both the right (being more aggressive and not sitting on their hands) and the left (bringing classical liberalism back).

Personally, I like that he trolls the left into showing their asses which pushes people to the right or center. Lefties underestimate how goddamned annoying sjws are.

I'm kind of flabbergasted here. Trump constantly makes false or misleading statements in regards to important political issues such as immigration, climate change and the economy. I don't know how you can make statements like this with a straight face. The entire platform he ran on was essentially a fabrication...

Aeolus451 said:
Teeqoz said:

You're wrong but believe what you want. We can this discussion when Trump is elected again.

I don't understand. What am I wrong about? And what does Trump's potential reelection even have to do with this conversation?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Teeqoz said:

I don't understand. What am I wrong about? And what does Trump's potential reelection even have to do with this conversation?

The American people would not reelect a president who spews bullshit.

Politician after politician didn't spew some degree of bullshit, right?

the_dark_lewd said:
jason1637 said:

NeoGaf today is far right.

I assume that's hyperbola. Has it actually changed a lot though? I can't be bothered to check.

Im not a member but when i vist the site and look through the threads and post it seems pretty far right.

sundin13 said:
Aeolus451 said:

I'm kind of flabbergasted here. Trump constantly makes false or misleading statements in regards to important political issues such as immigration, climate change and the economy. I don't know how you can make statements like this with a straight face. The entire platform he ran on was essentially a fabrication...

Not on immigration or the economy. I would have to go thru his comments on climate change to verify. He's actually fulfilling promises like moving the US embassy to  Jerusalem or cracking down on illegals or improving the economy. You can be flabbergasted much to my amusement as you want 😸

Aeolus451 said:
sundin13 said:

Not on immigration or the economy. I would have to go thru his comments on climate change to verify. He's actually fulfilling promises like moving the US embassy to  Jerusalem or cracking down on illegals or improving the economy. You can be flabbergasted much to my amusement as you want 😸

Woof, how do I break this to you. Trump isn't always honest about the economy.

Lets just go for a quick spin:

-Trump constantly pushes the idea that there was a large improvement in factors like employment and wages since he became president, which isn't true.
-Pretty much the entirety of the tax plan is bull, from him saying that it is the biggest tax cut in history (false), to him saying that it is $5.5billion in tax cuts (false), to him saying that most of the benefits go to the working class (false)
-You can see the issues from this going right down to the core of the tax plan, with White House figures drastically differing from literally every independent analysis
-You can also add that he frequently misleads about how wages have changed since the tax cuts. If you look at real wages, you will see none of the huge gains that he frequently boasts about
-Speaking of taxes, much of the rhetoric about how the US has wicked high business taxes is misleading because it speaks about top marginal tax rate, not the effective tax rate
-And what about China? One of his core talking points about how China is a currency manipulator is outdated and is just simple fear mongering without substance.
-And speaking about trade, Trump constantly makes misleading statements about trade deficits, from what they imply to how much they actually are. He has this nasty habit of totally ignoring "services" while talking about Trade deficits to artificially inflate the numbers.
-Trump also misrepresented economic growth numbers fairly frequently, making claims that breaking 3% GDP increase for a few quarters is some unheard of accomplishment, when in reality, the GDP growth from 2017 was incredibly average

Honestly, I'm struggling to think of anything that Trump has said that wasn't a misrepresentation of reality...

I actually impresses me how on vgchartz we are allowed to talk about everything and it seems there is no censorship. Its a really nice place.