By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Roseanne got cancelled

areason said:
Chris Hu said:

Sure Maher called Trump that but guess what Trump started the beef first.  Trump always instigates fights and then when he gets offended by people fighting back at him he tries to sue them.

So what? It's about consistency.

The point is all the people who are outraged close their eyes when it happens to people who they dislike. That's pure hypocrisy. 

That insult by Rosanne was totally unprovoked so its a lot different.   Plus she also tries to promote crazy conspiracy theories and she has mental issues so I have no problem with her getting fired.  ABC probably should have done some research and never rehired her in the first place but hindsight is 20/20.

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
TH3-D0S3R said:

No no no, in fact any rational person on the right or who is right leaning (such as myself) would tell you Roseanne got her just desserts. I hated the Kneeling in the NFL. Why? Because they are in a work environment and are protesting on the clock. If I went to my workplace and told them I wasn't going to work for the 1st hour so I could show separation between me and big corporation, my boss would fire me, and I'd deserve it. No one is saying Kaepernick didn't have the 'right' to protest, everyone sought issue because he was getting paid at work to do it. If Kaepernick actually wanted to send a message, donate to charity with that overpriced contract he had and make a difference to actually improve lives. Purposely kneeling to cause a reaction will never solve anything, actual charity work will.

Roseanne deserved to be fired. I'd suggest quit lumping all people who consider themselves right wing into a general populous. No one thinks the same, and an overwhelming majority said Roseanne had it coming.

Yea, I think most on the right would agree that Disney has the right to fire her.  The problem most see is the hypocrisy.  If Roseanne was an Obama/Clinton supporter and called Trump all types of names under the sun, she would have, at most, been forced to apologize and would have been suspended for a week or so.  They already set that precedent with the one lady from ESPN (don't recall her name at the moment.)  But, since she is on the right, they are not going to come to her defense, instead firing her immediately.  The same thing happened to Tim Allen, and his comments were much less brash.  Fox should pick Roseanne up, too, and have a power hour.

I cant name a single rational conservative that went out to defend Roseanne and her statements. Roseanne is not the embodiment of Trump supporters, she's a crazy lady. She made a joke about wearing a Hitler mustache and putting cookies into the oven that were made to represent the Jews. No one on the right considers her 'sane', let alone credible.

I will say the problem I do have with the media is that they have this glaring double standard. There was an MSNBC female commentator (only pointing out gender because I cant remember her name) that commented on this Roseanne statement and Twitter harassment in general. Not even a week ago, she made public tweets that were homophobic and anti-Semitic. She claimed she didn't do it, then claimed she had amnesia (one of the worst excuses I've ever heard, it's been outdated for over 30 years), and then claimed she was hacked. Instead of getting fired like she should have been, she didn't even have to make a statement of apology.

This idea that Roseanne and 'right wingers' (Roseanne isn't a true right winger) only do this is naïve and foolish. Whenever someone does something on this level, they should be fired under any circumstance.

Chris Hu said:
thismeintiel said:

Link?

There you go I posted that earlier:

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/29/17406014/roseanne-racism-abc-trump-twitter?utm_campaign=vox&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Where's the Soros part?

thismeintiel said:
Chris Hu said:

There you go I posted that earlier:

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/29/17406014/roseanne-racism-abc-trump-twitter?utm_campaign=vox&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Where's the Soros part?

That is recent just check her twitter feed don't have a link to that one.  Anyway she is been supportive off all kinds of right wing conspiracies for about the last six years.

Her show got cancelled for making a racist remark?Good.

Around the Network

She tried to blame sleeping pills for her racist comments, very bad mistake/lame excuse. Blame shifting and not taking responsibility for your actions and making up excuses is not expressing remorse.

Azuren said:
konnichiwa said:

Let me just say that you should be happy if you never were a follower of her on twitter.

With the one of the last shootings one person replaced one of the anti gun speech kids with hitlers audio she retweeted it with 'Nazi Salute'. That one was before the new show aired I think not sure.

You shitting me? I'm sad I didn't follow sooner. I love watching SJWs scramble like eggs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Good for the world. I didnt liked her show also when i was a kid. Maybe because of the bad german translation but still. I just couldnt imagine that this was the american dream. Fat disgusting people eating fast food all the time. As a kid i thought americans were cool. Roseanne just showed us no no. We are fat.

User was moderated for this post ~ Angelus

Last edited by Angelus - on 01 June 2018

Pagan said:

Good for the world. I didnt liked her show also when i was a kid. Maybe because of the bad german translation but still. I just couldnt imagine that this was the american dream. Fat disgusting people eating fast food all the time. As a kid i thought americans were cool. Roseanne just showed us no no. We are fat.

Gotta love peoole using weight as a barometer of whether or not a show is good or not lol. The original series was one of the best sitcoms ever on television. 

Chris Hu said:
areason said:

Roseanne got cancelled for calling an Iranian women an ape, Maher called Trump an Orangutan. 

Going by that logic he should be axed.

I don't think he should, i'm just following the logic at hand. 

Sure Maher called Trump that but guess what Trump started the beef first.  Trump always instigates fights and then when he gets offended by people fighting back at him he tries to sue them.

I really dont get why people in America cater that much to the opinions of comedians and surely not about politics, everything needs to be a fake show to entertain and influence the people it seems.

Sadly it mostly just brings propaganda and not reality.