By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Considering Playstation Classic

Would be pretty cool but it might need another something extra to avoid it just being a NES/SNES rip-off.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network

Ok I'll take a crack at this:

1) Metal Gear Solid
2) Tomb Raider
3) Tomb Raider II
4) Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
5) Final Fantasy VII
6) Final Fantasy VIII
7) Final Fantasy IX
8) Final Fantasy Tactics
9) Street Fighter Alpha 3
10) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
11) Silent Hill
12) Suikoden
13) Suikoden II
14) Resident Evil
15) Resident Evil 2
16) Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
17) Tekken 3
18) Gran Turismo 2
19) Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
20) Medal of Honor

Unlockable bonus game that was previously cancelled, brought back to life, and still not very good
21) Marvel 2099

This could be interesting to those that don't have one anymore or who have sold most of their games, however I think that I wouldn't really need it as I already have a ton of PS1 games, including those that probably won't end up on the list.

Or instead they could continue with releasing PS1/PS2 classis on PS4.

The problem is of course, licencing, meaning that at least half of the lineup has to be first party....

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Azuren said:
Assuming it's the same format as the SNES Classic (20 games preloaded with no online functionality):

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Final Fantasy VIII
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Final Fantasy Tactics
5. Soul Reaver
6. Legend of Dragoon
7. Legend of Mana
8. Legend of Legaia
9. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
10. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
11. Gran Turismo 2
12. Crash Bandicoot
13. Spyro the Dragon
14. Medievil
15. Tekken 3
16. Tomb Raider
17. Silent Hill 2
18. Chrono Cross
19. Xenogears
20. Street Fighter Alpha 3

Silent Hill 2 is PS2 game.

That, believe it or not, was autocorrect. I meant Silent Hill (1).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

I would rather see them remaking those PS1/PS2 games. I like the refreshed look of Spyro, Crash, Shadow of the Colossus and Wipeout. So I wouldn't mind see more of that starting with medievil. But please don't make hardware to play games from the 90's like they did in the 90's

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Mar1217 said:
Bubsy 3D should be a prime choice in the selection of games to play :)

Oh gawd no.. that game actually made me sick.. we don't need death in the gaming industry. Lets not ever mention that game again.

Gran Turismo 2 is definitely not going to show up on it, that game has a lot of expired licenses when it comes to some of the cars in the game plus some of the songs in the game.

Interested to see what they use for Storage.
The NES/SNES/N64 may have only been cart based... But when it comes to these Mini systems, that's a big advantage as they can pack allot of games into a tiny, high quality, reliable, SLC NAND chip.

Which means Sony has a few options...
* Cheaper MLC or lord forbid, TLC NAND... Which will impact the longevity/reliability of the system.

* Lots more SLC NAND... Which will drive up the costs considerably as some games are 2000MB+ in size where-as the NES/SNES Classics use a single 512MB chip for storage for all their games.

* Mechanical disks. Yuck.

- Only one game needs to be on it to win me over though... Final Fantasy 8.

Those hoping for PS2 Mini anytime soon... You have your hopes up. The costs for the appropriate SoC to drive such a system would be fairly prohibitive.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--