By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Considering Playstation Classic

Assuming it's the same format as the SNES Classic (20 games preloaded with no online functionality):

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Final Fantasy VIII
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Final Fantasy Tactics
5. Soul Reaver
6. Legend of Dragoon
7. Legend of Mana
8. Legend of Legaia
9. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
10. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
11. Gran Turismo 2
12. Crash Bandicoot
13. Spyro the Dragon
14. Medievil
15. Tekken 3
16. Tomb Raider
17. Silent Hill
18. Chrono Cross
19. Xenogears
20. Street Fighter Alpha 3

Last edited by Azuren - on 26 May 2018

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network
Hiku said:

Metal Gear Solid
Battle Arena Toshinden
Wipeout
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 8
Final Fantasy 9
Chrono Cross
Suikoden 1
Suikoden 2
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Resident Evil 2
Megaman X 4
Breath of Fire 3
King of Fighters 98
Wild Arms
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Tekken 3
Xenogears
Spyro
Crash Bandicoot

I would replace Battle Arena Toshinden with Soul Blade and King of Fighters 98 with Resident Evil 3 Nemesis.

Most of PS One classic games are belong to 3rd party IP. And most of famous and high rated quality are from 3rd party IP. So it will be very hard to get the license, unless they are considering emulation through digital download. 

Meh. I'm not interested unless it can play from the discs or it's loaded with rpgs.

PS1 consoles and games are so cheap on Ebay that it seems silly to me. But hey, Taylor Swift and Fortnite are things so, what the fuck do I know.

Around the Network

If its true i will get it

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Well they definatly need to offer at least PS1 games on PS4 if they are not doing Playstation Classic.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 25 May 2018

Azuren said:
Assuming it's the same format as the SNES Classic (20 games preloaded with no online functionality):

1. Final Fantasy VII
2. Final Fantasy VIII
3. Final Fantasy IX
4. Final Fantasy Tactics
5. Soul Reaver
6. Legend of Dragoon
7. Legend of Mana
8. Legend of Legaia
9. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
10. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
11. Gran Turismo 2
12. Crash Bandicoot
13. Spyro the Dragon
14. Medievil
15. Tekken 3
16. Tomb Raider
17. Silent Hill 2
18. Chrono Cross
19. Xenogears
20. Street Fighter Alpha 3

Silent Hill 2 is PS2 game.

If really doing PS Classic, I hope they will include games like:

-Metal Gear Solid
-Twisted Metal 2
-Silent Hill 1
-Tomb Raider 1/2/3
-Resident Evil 1/2/3

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 25 May 2018

As long as all of the games are also available on PS4, I am fine with this. But, if they are going to put out a PS1 or PS2 Mini and hold games hostage on those devices, then I'm 100% against it. These things are great for people that like to collect physical objects, and I like the idea of them made for that group of people. However, when it is leveraged as the exclusive way to gain access to the content on modern hardware, I find it to extremely sleazy, and a major disservice to those that support the core ecosystem.

I hope they do it for the physical collectors out there, and they also bring all titles to the core ecosystem. The best of both worlds, for the physical and digital collectors.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL