By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Solo Headed To Become A Flop? Yep, It Flopped.

How Much Will Solo Make WW?

Under $700M 56 60.87%

$700M-$800M 18 19.57%

$801M-$900M 12 13.04%

$901M-$1B 3 3.26%

Over $1B 3 3.26%

Total:92
Bristow9091 said:
I'm getting a headache from all this SJW talk... is anyone here actually going to be watching the film because they like Star Wars and don't care if films have a diverse cast or pansexual chocolate men? o.O

Nobody hates and craps on Star Wars more than Star Wars fans.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Bristow9091 said:
I'm getting a headache from all this SJW talk... is anyone here actually going to be watching the film because they like Star Wars and don't care if films have a diverse cast or pansexual chocolate men? o.O

It is pretty comical, I been setting back and laughing. I really get the idea they really do not care if the films are good at this point.

You should thank yourself for being one of the instigators 

Bristow9091 said:
Acevil said:

It is pretty comical, I been setting back and laughing. I really get the idea they really do not care if the films are good at this point.

Yeah... it honestly seems like they're using the film as a cover for some other argument, and aren't interested in Solo at all, lol. Are YOU gonna' be seeing it? :P 

Of course some time this week. Couple of people I know outside of VGC have seen it and they enjoyed it. I am going with open mind. My standard for good star wars movie is simply does it entertain me like rogue one did or bore me like how badly Episode 2 did. 

shikamaru317 said:
Chris Hu said:

Plus they were thinking of making a Lando Calrissian movie but since Solo is more then likely going to flop I doubt that will happen. 

That seems unlikely. I heard it only needs $500m to break even, so anything beyond that is pure profit. I can't see the movie pulling in less than $700m (plus more on the DVD/blu-ray/digital release and merchandise), so it stands to make a nice profit for Disney. I don't see Solo's performance affecting their plans for future character based anthology movies much, if at all. I think Disney realizes the lower than expected performance is largely because they released it too close to Avengers and Deadpool, so if Solo's performance has any effect at all, it will be to convince them to pick their release dates more carefully in the future, and maybe to convince them to have slightly smaller budgets on future character based anthology movies. 

The production budget might have been up to $300 million dollars so it needs to make about $600 million dollars to just break even.  At least its not going to be Disney's worst flop this year that one already happened with A Wrinkle In Time.

VGPolyglot said:
areason said:

Are you trolling?

Have you not realised by now that it's a forced change on gaming, set by a specific group of people to cater to their ideas and nothing else. It's like you've been living in a bubble for the past 5 years. 

No, I'm serious, a game with Zelda saving Link for a change actually sounds like it'd be exciting, and the fact that you're so against the idea of change that you somehow saw that as a negative is amusing to me.

Did i say that i'm against it?

I'm against the idea of games being forced to abide by a limited amount of principles. I don't get how you haven't yet realised the point of the conversation. 

Around the Network
areason said:
VGPolyglot said:

No, I'm serious, a game with Zelda saving Link for a change actually sounds like it'd be exciting, and the fact that you're so against the idea of change that you somehow saw that as a negative is amusing to me.

Did i say that i'm against it?

I'm against the idea of games being forced to abide by a limited amount of principles. I don't get how you haven't yet realised the point of the conversation. 

You brought it up, and then said that you hoped that I'd be fine with the game. What else were you supposed to be implying?

I'm thinking this will make less then $600 million world wide the only reason it will have some kind of legs is because there really is nothing else good that is being released until The Incredibles 2 comes out on the 15th.

Chris Hu said:
shikamaru317 said:

That seems unlikely. I heard it only needs $500m to break even, so anything beyond that is pure profit. I can't see the movie pulling in less than $700m (plus more on the DVD/blu-ray/digital release and merchandise), so it stands to make a nice profit for Disney. I don't see Solo's performance affecting their plans for future character based anthology movies much, if at all. I think Disney realizes the lower than expected performance is largely because they released it too close to Avengers and Deadpool, so if Solo's performance has any effect at all, it will be to convince them to pick their release dates more carefully in the future, and maybe to convince them to have slightly smaller budgets on future character based anthology movies. 

The production budget might have been up to $300 million dollars so it needs to make about $600 million dollars to just break even.  At least its not going to be Disney's worst flop this year that one already happened with A Wrinkle In Time.

Ya, I think it will need between 500 million to 600 million from the box office. I think this will be one of those it will be successful but not fully successful from the box office (Similar to Justice League). This has the benefit of being spinoff, which is easy to recover from. 

However with films like these (any of the Star Wars Stories films) I think it is more Disney really wants to turn create synergy with the other parts of Disney, namely Hollywood studios which I believe is the weakest of the four parks.

Last edited by Acevil - on 27 May 2018

VGPolyglot said:
shikamaru317 said:

As I recall, Poe got emasculated multiple times by his female superiors. The writers killed off the male Admiral Ackbar so that the female Vice Admiral Holdo could control the fleet while Leia was in her coma. Then there was the whole pointless plotline with Finn and Rose sidetracking while they were on a vital mission to save some animals. 

So, a woman having a power over a man makes it SJW? Should women never be allowed to be in positions of authority in films?

Its not that hard to understand why people see it that way.

Having someone with authority is absolutely fine if it remains sensical and that was not the case with the role she played in the movie.

She decides to go on a suicide mission without explaining anything, the only person that goes against it is Poe and they play it of like hes a stubborn kid(man) while he kinda was the only person with a normal reaction in that kind of situation.

And to top it of, the woman that took command after Leia went in coma also had the fitting hair. haha

areason said:
I wasn't going to watch it due to no jedi, then i found out that Solo is a pansexual, so yeah not gonna bother.

Actually, that was supposed to have been Lando. Also, they never actually say that in the movie or address it in any way, shape or form. That's just something the writer said even though he didn't write it into the movie. I saw the movie the other night. Honestly, it's easily one of the better Disney Star Wars films. The characters are a lot more interesting than they were in Rogue One and because this movie takes in between other existing Star Wars movies, they couldn't really do much to mess up the Star Wars canon.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com