By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Solo Headed To Become A Flop? Yep, It Flopped.

How Much Will Solo Make WW?

Under $700M 56 60.87%

$700M-$800M 18 19.57%

$801M-$900M 12 13.04%

$901M-$1B 3 3.26%

Over $1B 3 3.26%

Total:92

Looks like the answer is yes. Solo launched at an abysmal $148.3M WW. This is $6.8M less than RO made just at the DBO. For the whole comparison, this is $141.7M less than RO's WW debut.  Keep in mind that this film needs ~$700M to break even on production and marketing cost and Disney was expecting ~$300M WW opening weekend. 

Congrats, Kathleen Kennedy and crew. With your SJW agenda first, movie second, it looks like you have done something even Lucas couldn't do with his underwhelming prequels, make the first SW flop.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
Good job Kathleen... Doing an excellent job sinking the Star Wars IP.

Yeah. People wanted to argue with Last Jedi bring bad, but this seems to be the definitive answer to "Should Kathleen be replaced?"

The answer is a resounding yes. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

thismeintiel said:

Looks like the answer is yes. Solo launched at an abysmal $148.3M WW. This is $6.8M less than RO made just at the DBO. For the whole comparison, this is $141.7M less than RO's WW debut.  Keep in mind that this film needs ~$700M to break even on production and marketing cost and Disney was expecting ~$300M WW opening weekend. 

Congrats, Kathleen Kennedy and crew. With your SJW agenda first, movie second, it looks like you have done something even Lucas couldn't do with his underwhelming prequels, make the first SW flop.

It's not just the agenda or politics of the films. I think them turning the series into an annual Call of Duty-like cash cow kills the hype too.

Last edited by HomokHarcos - on 27 May 2018

A film series going from a 2 billion film, to a box office flop in a mere 2 1/2 years is astonishing. We won't see this kind of drop until Avatar 2 and 3 get released. Will most probably end up being the least grossing blockbuster released this summer [Compared to A:IW, Deadpool 2, Ant-Man and the wasp, The Incredibles 2 and Jurassic World]. 

Two B-Side hero movies, an animated film and a film series with 1/10th the history of star wars destroying a star wars movie, who would have thought. 

Last edited by Mr.Playstation - on 27 May 2018

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

HomokHarcos said:
thismeintiel said:

It's not just the agenda or politics of the films. I think them turning the series into an annual Call of Duty-like cash cow kills the hype.

Nope. Marvel proves that it can be done. The movies just have to be good. Marvel also has messages most can agree with. I think they also keep a tighter control on those making the film. Basically, don't insult the fans of your series. At the very least, don't point to our films as agreeing with or pushing your political leanings. 

Around the Network
thismeintiel said:
HomokHarcos said:

It's not just the agenda or politics of the films. I think them turning the series into an annual Call of Duty-like cash cow kills the hype.

Nope. Marvel proves that it can be done. The movies just have to be good. Marvel also has messages most can agree with. I think they also keep a tighter control on those making the film. Basically, don't insult the fans of your series. At the very least, don't point to our films as agreeing with or pushing your political leanings. 

Marvel has a much larger cast of established characters, whereas Star Wars has historically been focused on a central plotline rather than Marvel which does not have a main character.

VGPolyglot said:
thismeintiel said:

Marvel has a much larger cast of established characters, whereas Star Wars has historically been focused on a central plotline rather than Marvel which does not have a main character.

Han has been established in 4 main line movies before getting his spin off

Maxosaurus-rex said:
VGPolyglot said:

But he was not the main character of the franchise: Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker are. It's not like Marvel where there are tons of people with their own comic lines.

VGPolyglot said:
Maxosaurus-rex said:

But he was not the main character of the franchise: Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker are. It's not like Marvel where there are tons of people with their own comic lines.

People buying comics are in a very niche market. The masses watching them on screen dont care about that

Maxosaurus-rex said:
VGPolyglot said:

People buying comics are in a very niche market. The masses watching them on screen dont care about that

But they are still familiar with the characters at least, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Hulk, Captain America, etc. were well-known before the MCU began.