By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Solo Headed To Become A Flop? Yep, It Flopped.

How Much Will Solo Make WW?

Under $700M 56 60.87%

$700M-$800M 18 19.57%

$801M-$900M 12 13.04%

$901M-$1B 3 3.26%

Over $1B 3 3.26%

Total:92
thismeintiel said:
HomokHarcos said:

It's not just the agenda or politics of the films. I think them turning the series into an annual Call of Duty-like cash cow kills the hype.

Nope. Marvel proves that it can be done. The movies just have to be good. Marvel also has messages most can agree with. I think they also keep a tighter control on those making the film. Basically, don't insult the fans of your series. At the very least, don't point to our films as agreeing with or pushing your political leanings. 

What was the domestic OW?

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
KLAMarine said:

If she's at fault, most certainly.

Doubt she goes anywhere. TFA + Rogue One + TLJ (whether people like it or not) all made Disney a shit ton of money and are 3/4 highest grossing Star Wars films outside of the OT which was ages ago. She's not gonna get canned because 1 spin-off movie that had a trouble production and was forced on Disney by Lawrence Kasdan/George Lucas is not doing that well. 

If that's how Hollywood actually worked, everyone would be out of a job the moment they had their first failure. James Cameron never would've worked after The Abyss was a dud, M. Night Shyamalan's career would've ended like 10 times, there wouldn't have been a Captain America Winter Soldier because the first one didn't make a lot of money, etc. etc. etc.

And TLJ alienated a number of its fans, shown by Solo's numbers. Next you'll probably refer to "Star Wars fatigue", and claim there wasn't enough marketing to counter "the small but outspoken" fanbase of neckbearded basement dwellers.

Face it: Star Wars has been ruined by ideology, and the failure of Solo will see consequences in upper management.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
Insidb said:
The pansexual thing isn't actually in the movie, so anyone not seeing it for that reason is just being a RW snowflake: sorry but "pro-PC" usually just means "pro-a$$hole."

Fixed it for ya.

How does one make snarky correction and only carry it halfway through?

It was a rhetorical question: subscribing to truths and falsehoods with leave one confused and witless.

The irony of the "correction" only reinforces the original statement, but please do tell me more about why you think SJWs are bad lol.

Insidb said:
Azuren said:

Fixed it for ya.

It was a rhetorical question: subscribing to truths and falsehoods with leave one confused and witless.

The irony of the "correction" only reinforces the original statement, but please do tell me more about why you think SJWs are bad lol.

If I have to explain how SJWs are garbage and ruin everything they touch to you, then you're honestly too far gone. But to sum it up:

No one likes being told how to do something so as not to offend a small minority who may or may not be offended.

No one likes being told to check their privilege.

No one likes safe spaces or thinks they should be in use on college grounds.

No one wants to learn a bunch of made up pronouns just so someone else can feel validated in their life choices.

No one wants ideology creamed corn their throats when they try to watch a movie or TV show.

And finally, no one likes the pretentious snowflakes who fell the need to validate themselves by virtue signaling at every opportunity presented to them.

You want assholes? Go to the far sides of the political spectrum: left or right. On the right, you have bigoted rednecks who are members of the KKK. And on the left, you have bigoted hipster SJWs who are members of Antifa (which ironically and hilariously employs fascist techniques).

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Soundwave said:
Jon-Erich said:
If Solo doesn't have legs, that would be a shame. It's easily one of Disney's better Star Wars films. I think Ron Howard did a great job. I wish he would have done the other Disney Star Wars films. Apparently, George Lucas wanted him to direct the Phantom Menace back in the day but he either couldn't do it or wouldn't do it. That's a shame.

What we're seeing with Disney Star Wars proves something else. Star Wars just isn't the same without George Lucas. He wasn't the best director, but he did a much better job managing the franchise. But hey, the fans wanted him gone and for once in his life, he gave the fans exactly what they wanted.

Solo movie was apparently George Lucas' idea. He was working on it before the sale to Disney with Lawrence Kasdan, seems like Kasdan forced Disney into making this film in exchange for co-writing The Force Awakens. 

http://www.slashfilm.com/george-lucas-han-solo-movie/

It doesn't surprise me. George Lucas had a lot of great ideas, just not the best execution. I kind of wish they had done Solo before doing Rogue One.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com

Around the Network
Azuren said:

If I have to explain how SJWs are garbage and ruin everything they touch to you, then you're honestly too far gone. But to sum it up:

No one likes being told how to do something so as not to offend a small minority who may or may not be offended.

No one wants to learn a bunch of made up pronouns just so someone else can feel validated in their life choices.

No one wants ideology creamed corn their throats when they try to watch a movie or TV show.

And finally, no one likes the pretentious snowflakes who fell the need to validate themselves by virtue signaling at every opportunity presented to them.

You want assholes? Go to the far sides of the political spectrum: left or right. On the right, you have bigoted rednecks who are members of the KKK. And on the left, you have bigoted hipster SJWs who are members of Antifa (which ironically and hilariously employs fascist techniques).

All this because of Star Wars.

Azuren said:
Insidb said:

This is probably the snowflakiest thing I've read in ages: why are you always so offended by everything that most people aren't, even when it's a nonexistent thing?

Pansexuality literally NEVER comes up in Solo, yet we have a host of very aggressive anti-SJW people manufacturing a narrative. How are you not embarrassed? Did you see the movie? If you had, you'd know you are factually incorrect, and all these takes on Lando are absurd.

Your "no one" mantra sounds very much like something that echoes out of the far right chamber, and your willingness to fabricate an argument to forward agenda is quite disturbing. Go see the movie, before you comment again on this thread: you and your cohorts are patently misleading other members.

Insidb said:
Azuren said:

Fixed it for ya.

The irony of the "correction" only reinforces the original statement, but please do tell me more about why you think SJWs are bad l

Using the term SJW as a way to represent doing good things does give a bad image cause its not a term you guys came up with yourself, it started as an insult to paint those that used extreme measures and weaponnized social justice and thats why the warrior part is included.

So ofcourse when the sole existence of that term was dependent on extremism it gets very understandable why people see it in a bad light.

Immersiveunreality said:
Insidb said:

The irony of the "correction" only reinforces the original statement, but please do tell me more about why you think SJWs are bad l

Using the term SJW as a way to represent doing good things does give a bad image cause its not a term you guys came up with yourself, it started as an insult to paint those that used extreme measures and weaponnized social justice and thats why the warrior part is included.

So ofcourse when the sole existence of that term was dependent on extremism it gets very understandable why people see it in a bad light.

People have been calling out inequality and social injustice, which naturally ruffled the feathers of those with opposing points of view.

Labeling them anything doe not demonize them: it's just a label designed to demonize. It's also a very idiotic label, because it casts the labeler in a most insidious light.

In essence, those who use the label to vilify have to own a discontent with social justice and those who fight for it, whether those fighters are well-reasoned or irrational.

Insidb said:
Immersiveunreality said:

People have been calling out inequality and social injustice, which naturally ruffled the feathers of those with opposing points of view.

Labeling them anything doe not demonize them: it's just a label designed to demonize. It's also a very idiotic label, because it casts the labeler in a most insidious light.

In essence, those who use the label to vilify have to own a discontent with social justice and those who fight for it, whether those fighters are well-reasoned or irrational.

There's a big difference between fighting social injustice and being whiny and intolerable