By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All Things BATTLEFIELD V

That was more than underwhelming. Felt and even looked just like any other modern warfare shooter.

Why the damn lipizzan stallion?

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network

This feels like an alternate dimension dark comedy to me. In that context, I don't have a problem with cricket bats, prosthetic arms, katanas, and female fighters in my Western Front. That said, I'm a lot less interested in this than I was in BF1. Don't really look for Bayhem in most of my shooters. Feels like a pass for me so far.

Well, that was one very generic trailer. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Thanks for the tread!

They already got my purchase at this point. Waifufield, here I come!

So we are getting to that point where the anti-sjws & sjws are both so terrible it's hard to tell them apart.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Metallox said:

Well, that was one very generic trailer. 

What's was non-specific about it?

Well, everything. Like any other trailer ment to advertise any other "modern" warfare shooter. Mainstream.

EA: "Yo, there is female char, like the recent trailer for COD had, but ours is even disabled (with cool but completly out of place prosthetics), see? Take that Activision!"

What was WW2 about it?

Churchill behaving like an armored dirt bike, a V1 cruise missile, was that Wehrmacht in camo? field grey? Where the hell is the teasered Patton? Where the hell did the soldiers in the clip belong to? Not german, this much i know.

I dont expect close to reality, but this is just.. i almost want to say "disrespectful to the source material".

Hunting Season is done...

Lmao that was different, when does it become cultural appropriation tho...that war killed 40 million and is the most significant event in the history of many european cultures.

Last week there were news stories about a white girl wearing a Chinese dress she bough at a thrift store being harassed for 'cultural appropriation'.

Last edited by Rayban99 - on 24 May 2018

PwerlvlAmy said:
I get why people are mad at women in the game, I think they have a perfectly good reason to be mad if this game was marketed as a realistic and authentic take on WW2. I don't follow the games nor have I followed this game, so i I do not know what they've been touting to people via developer interviews and other gaming journalists.

If this wasn't touted as an authentic WW2 experience then handicap weird female makes sense if thats the case.

I think people now fear this won't be an authentic experience. And this whole politically correct thing is hilarious anyway. Like they put a woman on the cover, OK, but why is the woman like a super model. What about all those ugly women who fight in wars? Why do they only ever but the best looking woman possible. So while they try to appease sjw with the woman thing they are actually being hypocritical by not accurately representing them. Not all woman are super models. 

Less ammo to play with. Only partial life regeneration. Squad kill steak type awards (similar to COD) but team squad reward. This is going to be a frustrating game without friends that you consistently play with and understand their play style. Going into squads with strangers is going to be an exercise in sanity. I would still like to see some actual game play from the different modes.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

I don't understand all that "woman controversy". Apart from the resistance fighters, spread all over the Europe (not only France), there were over 800,000 woman mobilzed in Soviet Union and soviets, unlike americans, weren't treating woman as auxiliary units. The same thing happened in Yugoslavia, were 100,000 woman served as "full blown soldiers" in the army. Damn, soviets even had female pilots, forming three bomber wings. I'm pretty sure there are many other examples.

I though it's more or less common knowledge, but all the sudden it's SJWs propaganda.