Forums - Gaming Discussion - All Things BATTLEFIELD V

Hiku said:

Also, best fictional WW2 hero:

What people expect from a Metal Gear game is totally different from what they expect from a supposedly historically accurate game.



Around the Network

saw the trailer and its just like what? i dont hate it but i dont like it either lol



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

CuCabeludo said:
Hiku said:

Also, best fictional WW2 hero:

What people expect from a Metal Gear game is totally different from what they expect from a supposedly historically accurate game.

But we're talking about Battlefield here, which isn't a supposedly historically accurate game either.



If the argument is lack of immersion because of "historical accuracy" then things like crash landing on top of a zeppelin and walking around on top of it is a much more significant alteration than having a vagina in your pants. That's not even realistic, period. Being a female soldier is at least.

Last edited by Hiku - on 23 May 2018

The pre-rendered trailer looked cringeworthy and the character design and other Fortnite influences killed all my excitement for the game. So disappointing. What a joke.



Hiku said:
CuCabeludo said:

What people expect from a Metal Gear game is totally different from what they expect from a supposedly historically accurate game.

But we're talking about Battlefield here, which isn't a supposedly historically accurate game either.

(pic)

If the argument is lack of immersion because of "historical accuracy" then things like crash landing on top of a zeppelin and walking around on top of it is a much more significant alteration than having a vagina in your pants.

It does not have "physics accuracy" you mean.  Historical accuracy just requires that the events of history are respected; that is all.



Around the Network
Errorist76 said:

The pre-rendered trailer looked cringeworthy and the character design and other Fortnite influences killed all my excitement for the game. So disappointing. What a joke.

Fortnite influences?

It has nothing to do with Fortnite. 



areason said:
Errorist76 said:

The pre-rendered trailer looked cringeworthy and the character design and other Fortnite influences killed all my excitement for the game. So disappointing. What a joke.

Fortnite influences?

It has nothing to do with Fortnite. 

The optical customisation of characters and weapons, stupid face colours. Battle Royal influences. Fortifications. Unnaturally poppy colour pallette.



Heavenly_King said:
Hiku said:

But we're talking about Battlefield here, which isn't a supposedly historically accurate game either.

(pic)

If the argument is lack of immersion because of "historical accuracy" then things like crash landing on top of a zeppelin and walking around on top of it is a much more significant alteration than having a vagina in your pants.

It does not have "physics accuracy" you mean.  Historical accuracy just requires that the events of history are respected; that is all.

And they're not in Battlefield. Crashing on top of the zeppelin and walking around on top of it is part of the story of the game. It's not just something you can randomly do because it's a videogame. It's a scripted event with cutscenes and a story written for it. It's not even trying to respect the events of history here, or even trying to be realistic period. They're taking big liberties with the story, and even the audience's suspension of disbelief. And this is just one of several examples of this.

Last edited by Hiku - on 23 May 2018

In the comment lots of people saying it is more akin to a Wolfenstein game than a WWII. If you face it as you face the last Wolfenstein game., it wont be bad at all.



Errorist76 said:
areason said:

Fortnite influences?

It has nothing to do with Fortnite. 

The optical customisation of characters and weapons, stupid face colours. Battle Royal influences. Fortifications. Unnaturally poppy colour pallette.

You can't customise your character in Fortnite, you get a random model all you can do is equip a skin. Also how in the world is Fortnite the first game to have customisation? Weapon customisation? Are you kidding me? BFf3-BF4-BF1 have that and Fortnite doesn't. Their are 0 BR influences, it doesn't even have a Battle Royal mode. 

How is an engineer making a fucking foxhole a Fornite influence. You're just running on circle jerk.