By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All Things BATTLEFIELD V

Although I'm sold on it being a WWII game (missed having a good one in years), I have to ask; why did they feel the need to put a female on the front cover, using the same stereotypical "looking away" type pose?.

I am very much aware that there were female soldiers in WWII. Two Russian snipers such as Lyudmila Pavlichenko aka "Lady Death", Roza Shanina aka "The invisible horror" were among the few famous soldiers who fought during WWII. I don't see why EA couldn't have put those two into the game itself, let alone the trailers. Sure it might be a blight on their memory and the deeds they had done, but they were famous for what they were good at, and that was killing their enemies, which is basically what we've always been doing in military shooters.

I dunno, I'm just tired of this whole "we're trying to be half historically accurate, half fantasy" routine that we've been seeing the past 15 years. If they want to be historically , then be historically accurate. WWII had more male soldiers than female, but it also had legendary female soldiers that don't really get the time of day in any of these games that try to put spotlight on past wars.

I want to play as Lyudmila Pavlichenko in one of the mini story campaigns, not as some random nobody that has little meaning to the overall plot.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Kristof81 said:
I don't understand all that "woman controversy". Apart from the resistance fighters, spread all over the Europe (not only France), there were over 800,000 woman mobilzed in Soviet Union and soviets, unlike americans, weren't treating woman as auxiliary units. The same thing happened in Yugoslavia, were 100,000 woman served as "full blown soldiers" in the army. Damn, soviets even had female pilots, forming three bomber wings. I'm pretty sure there are many other examples.

I though it's more or less common knowledge, but all the sudden it's SJWs propaganda.

Was that a female french resistance fighter (with prosthetic arm and british dialect) fighting along side british paras (with Katanas on the back) on the field of battle against SchutzStaffel?

I don't care who's propaganda, to me it looks as if they just wanted to show off how much cool stuff they cramed into the game. To the satisfaction of everyone. Certainly not because it has some historical validity. I watched the reveal and it was, as expected, cringy. Most cringeworthy was the moment when they talked WW2 weaponry. Or was it the "Back to you" Guy and the Lady reading of the teleprompter?

What i see is lazy game design and more of exactly the same. Some don't have a problem with it. Good.

I don't mind the name though. Battlefield V. 

btw. regarding the post that started the discussion here in this thread:

Hiku said: 

So I guess it's upsetting to a number of people that Battlefield V has a woman on the cover.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Humanity has peaked.

It doesn't seem people have an issue with a woman on the cover, but rather how the whole game is packaged.

You think this would ve caused a similar reaction?

Or did the CoD BlopsIIIIIIII trailer? I don't know. I didn't check.

Hunting Season is done...

I have a crazy theory, was the gender-controversy their plan all along. They knew what would happen, let's just use the terms we all know, first the anti-SJW would object and then the SJW's would react and start calling the anti-SJW misogynists and all that crap. Now all the articles about the game is about the evil misogynists who can't handle a female character which makes EA look good and progressive. In the meantime no one is talking about Battlefield V in the context of last year's Battlefront 2 controversy. It's crazy, i know.

So WW1 = BF1 but WW2 = BFV?  Maybe the V isn't really supposed to stand for 5... it would sure explain a lot of the controversy.

I don't see what's the controversy here really... even BF1 has playable women in it. If you play sniper in the eastern European maps, you'll be playing a female.

Seems like in the new one you're even able to customize the character, which to me seems pretty damn cool :)

Around the Network

there were absolutely women who worked and sacrificed in WW2, but the presentation misrepresents actually how it went. i get it but dont support the stupid outrage.

it is also a video game and this is the story they want to tell, and I cant wait to play it. I know its not accurate history, but you need some more character models to sell those loot boxes for customization and its much easier with male and female options.

people need to relax.

Comes out on my birthday 😁