By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All Things BATTLEFIELD V

Looks like Microsoft got dibs on Marketing, good on them.

Around the Network

The reveal basically showed nothing.

Don't see the point of having a 40 minute event if you're going to show 1 minute of shitty gameplay.

Also people on reddit are going ape shit about having women in the game.

NOOOOOORRWAAAAAY! :O

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

CGI-Quality said:
Ljink96 said:
Looks like Microsoft got dibs on Marketing, good on them.

They've had Battlefield marketing all gen.

I thought hardline and somy had marketing rights, I guess I was wrong 

It a game I want to like, but I really doubt they address some of the UI issues present from Battlefield 1 and Battlefront 2 so I have to be cautious getting hyped.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
So... it is WW2 as rumoured then? I'm not much into FPS games (especially MP focused ones) but if it's WW2 I'm definitely out. I just find that era incredibly boring. A modern day one could have interested me though.

People are tired of modern/futuristic FPS that was pushed by CoD in the last years to the point of saturation. WW1-2 is giving fans a fresh air until it becomes saturated, they get bored again and demand modern shooter. Then the cycle repeats.

WW shooter -> Saturation  -> Modern/Futuristic shooter -> Saturation -> repeat.

Looks good. My only two concerts are

1- Microtransactions and loot boxes. This is the first time in my life I wanted a game to have a season pass. Because it probably would have meant they are gonna go easy on the loot boxes. But now we know they are treating this as a GaaS game, so i won't be buying this at launch to not get screwed over.

2- operations. Operations in battlefield 1 were awesome, but the tickets weren't reset between maps. Which meant that defenders had a massive advantage. And thus it was unbalanced and not fun honestly. They said their tickets/lives will be effected by the previous game, so I hope it's balanced and worked out well.

October 19th is quite surprising.

COD, Battlefield, and Red Dead are all stuffed into October, with nothing in November. This leaves a good space for Division 2 and Starfield to release in.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

I want to get into a shooter this gen so I might pick it up.

https://kotaku.com/heres-our-first-look-at-battlefield-v-which-goes-back-1826271285

"There won’t be any sort of “premium pass” or season pass in Battlefield V. You won’t have to pay for maps or modes, nor will you be able to buy anything that affects gameplay—as we reported earlier this year, DICE is being cautious after the outrage over last year’s Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Shortly after the reveal, EA confirmed to Kotaku that the game will not have any form of randomized loot boxes. Previously, a report had suggested that the next Battlefield would have cosmetic-only loot boxes, but at the time, sources told Kotaku that report was premature and that decisions had not yet been made. “I can confirm that there are no loot boxes,” an EA rep said in an e-mail."

Nice to hear.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.