By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - All Things BATTLEFIELD V

If EA want stop upsetting people every WW game, they just need to put before every video something like: Attention: this is a fantasy inspired by reality with no intentions to reproduce facts.

Then people  can get used to the idea of facing it like a fantasy as Metal Gear or Wolfenstein.

Last edited by CuCabeludo - on 23 May 2018

Around the Network

it was a painful reveal, i unfortunately watched the whole thing to get to the trailer at the end. it was brutal, jokes akin to the 2016 VGAs, just terrible. and i dont know if it was worth it or not.

yes it looked good but it wasnt game play. i am still buying it, not day one as they have notorious online issues first week. plus while the trailer was playing while the person was trying to run through the street, i said if it was game play he would have just been sniped or sniped at. :)

I have to admit, the reaction a lot of people are having to women being shown fighting in the game is pretty much exactly what I expected it to be, and its just as stupid as I thought it would be. Just get over it. The game is a work of fiction that uses historical events as a backdrop to tell a highly fictionalized story. I don't get why people even expect them to be historically accurate in anything but the most significant details and events that most people know anyway.

Well reading more infos the number of women in campaign mode will be small trying to reproduce the amount of women who fought on the war. Maybe people will not be upset after a proper campaign gameplay.

CGI-Quality said:
Ljink96 said:
Looks like Microsoft got dibs on Marketing, good on them.

They've had Battlefield marketing all gen.

Yet the PS4 version has still sold more from what I checked. That seems like money that would be better invested into an exclusive game, and no, not a "console exclusive."

Around the Network
areason said:
flashfire926 said:
https://kotaku.com/heres-our-first-look-at-battlefield-v-which-goes-back-1826271285

"There won’t be any sort of “premium pass” or season pass in Battlefield V. You won’t have to pay for maps or modes, nor will you be able to buy anything that affects gameplay—as we reported earlier this year, DICE is being cautious after the outrage over last year’s Star Wars Battlefront 2.

Shortly after the reveal, EA confirmed to Kotaku that the game will not have any form of randomized loot boxes. Previously, a report had suggested that the next Battlefield would have cosmetic-only loot boxes, but at the time, sources told Kotaku that report was premature and that decisions had not yet been made. “I can confirm that there are no loot boxes,” an EA rep said in an e-mail."

Nice to hear.

Please don't give kotaku clicks. 

Why is that? 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Hiku said:
Heavenly_King said:

It does not have "physics accuracy" you mean.  Historical accuracy just requires that the events of history are respected; that is all.

And they're not in Battlefield. Crashing on top of the zeppelin and walking around on top of it is part of the story of the game. It's not just something you can randomly do because it's a videogame. It's a scripted event with cutscenes and a story written for it. It's not even trying to respect the events of history here, or even trying to be realistic period. They're taking big liberties with the story, and even the audience's suspension of disbelief. And this is just one of several examples of this.

But that event that not re-writes history.  So it is still historically accurate

shikamaru317 said:

Wow, just watched the reveal trailer. That was really cringeworthy. Why is there a woman with a prosthetic arm fighting in WW2? Less than 2% of those who served in WW2 were women, and those that did didn't serve in combat roles except for the Russian army and the various paramilitary resistances, in the other armies they primarily served in backline non-combat roles such as nurses, drivers, mechanics, or cooks, with some also serving in anti-aircraft divisions. And they sure as heck didn't have people with a prosthetic limb out there fighting.

No wonder the trailer has far more dislikes than any previous Battlefield trailer, nearly the same like/dislike ratio as Black Ops 4, which has a futuristic setting that CoD fans don't want and no campaign. How could both CoD and Battlefield screw up so badly this year? Thank God for RDR2, RDR2 is going to stomp these 2 games into the ground in October. 

It wont. All  3 games should do quite well but they won't stomp each other.

Op: The trailer didn't do it for me but I'll try it on EA Access and if I like other I'll buy it. For now I'm definitely get Black Ops 4 and maybe BFV.

flashfire926 said:
areason said:

Please don't give kotaku clicks. 

Why is that? 

They're SJWS

PwerlvlAmy said:
saw the trailer and its just like what? i dont hate it but i dont like it either lol

As a reveal trailer it's just... Well... Eh...

If they wanted it to impress they should have sent with a much longer segment of gameplay rather than just a small tidbit of it. Or they should have went to the same route as the bf1 trailer.