By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Another Day in the US

Hiku said:
FIT_Gamer said:
At least there won't be a shortage on thoughts and prayers...

Nothing else can be done. Says only country where this frequently happens.

Clearly the answer is to ban all guns then, because there's no possible way that a criminal can obtain something that has been made illegal.  Worked out real well for Prohibition and The War On Drugs(TM).

"Nothing else can be done. Says only country where this frequently happens."

Ahem...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate

I'll take my chances in the US over pretty much anywhere in Central and South America these days.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

The obvious solution is to get rid of schools. Schools kill people. A dumb population is easier to control anyway.

So it turns out that despite earlier reports, the shooter did not use the media's favorite murder weapon - the dreaded high capacity, high velocity, fully semi-automatic, big scary looking weapon of war AR-15 style "assault rifle".

Instead, he just used a revolver pistol and a sawed-off shotgun (which is already illegal in the US btw) that he stole from his dad to carry out all that carnage.  Oh, and he also made improvised explosives like pipe bombs and pressure cookers that he had planned to set off (or just failed to do so).

Slim pickings for the media and gun control lobby this time around... this'll probably be forgotten about by Monday.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

How often do these things happen in the states? I dont typically keep up with news but I feel like i'm hearing about it atleast once a month now.

My thoughts and prayers to those affected.

Shaqazooloo0 said:
How often do these things happen in the states? I dont typically keep up with news but I feel like i'm hearing about it atleast once a month now.

My thoughts and prayers to those affected.

The average is once a week. 22 shootings in 20 weeks at that point. Happens way too much, and nobody is willing to take steps to stop it.

Around the Network

The one who killed human are human not gun,...............but gun helping it to bring more victim easily. So Human are dangerous as species , it it's even worse with Gun.

HollyGamer said:
The one who killed human are human not gun,...............but gun helping it to bring more victim easily. So Human are dangerous as species , it it's even worse with Gun.

We are our own worst enemies.

VGPolyglot said:
HollyGamer said:

We are our own worst enemies.

indeed

SvennoJ said:
The obvious solution is to get rid of schools. Schools kill people. A dumb population is easier to control anyway.

No more worrying about schoolyard bullying, no more worrying about cafeteria food allergies, no more worrying about the sex ed curriculum, no more worrying about teachers strikes, no more worrying about useless degree's and drowning debt. This is just the tip of the iceberg. The trouble and money it would save, all without having to ban guns. Best sarcastic idea I've heard in a long time.

Sometimes I feel there should be another plague or asteroid to happen and start over. And next time, keep the population under 3 billion.