By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Hmm so how many people have used this?

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Just one question. Should we stop making baby seal jokes?

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

too bad you didn't have this thing in january. I bought my 360 and CoD4 on Amazon.

ioi said:
Baby seal jokes?

baby seal jokes are used whenever someone uses Amazon or any other online retailer as an indicator for sales =P (MikeB often does that), then supposedly, 1 baby seal gets murdered =P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

well if I'm ever buying a game online, i'll do it through here.

Around the Network
ioi said:
Baby seal jokes?

I think DollaDolla started this. Sometimes VGchartz users make a thread using Amazon as evidence that game X or console Y is selling very well. So we tell them that every time they use Amazon as evidence, a baby seal dies. It is just that Amazon clients buying habits is very different than the average guy. Games with average sales can climb to the top 10 list on Amazon (but they do not keep the position for more than a day or some hours).

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

I use amazon sometimes, especially for older games not wiely available. also for music..

is there a German widget thingy as well? www.amazon.de would be the site.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Wonder if people would use it more if they got more Vgchartz dollars for buying stuff through the widget...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:
Wonder if people would use it more if they got more Vgchartz dollars for buying stuff through the widget...

That is actually a good idea. Maybe do a 1:1 ratio of US$ to VG$. All the Soriku's and Leo-J's would use it to help compete in their quest to be #1.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

It would also help if it automatically chose the Amazon store appropriate for you based on IP address. Also, more than 2 countries would also help.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)