By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Amazon Widget

So we have an Amazon widget on Vgchartz now.  Obviously I can't force you to use it, but if you have an amazon account already and use it to buy games,  Vgchartz will get part of the money back for things like upgrading servers, and other costs. The more people that use it, the higher the return rate per buy.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network

Wait, how do we use this Amazon.com widget? Because I buy everything (except food of course) off of Amazon... and does it count for things other than games?

I think you just have to click on it from Vgchartz so that Amazon knows you came from VGC. I assume it only applies to games...but no idea.

- Lao Tzu

Who decides what games are on the widget, you or them? It'd probably work out better for both of you if you could tailor the widget to games really popular amongst the people here (Okami Wii rather than Ghost Squad, things like that).

^ Yeah, maybe sort of Like Gametrailers and their marketplace? That would be intersting..

Around the Network

Wow, I am so glad I decided to check vgchartz instead of going to amazon... I was literally 5minutes away from buying a few things

Well, I clicked through VGC and made my purchases, so you guys damn well better get your money.

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

So it does work then?

- Lao Tzu

cool. I get all my games from amazon so i'll use it from time to time.

Cool. I buy loads of stuff on Amazon so will definitely be doing what I can to help vgchartz

WII OWNER PS3 OWNER PS3 OWNS!!!!!!

It might be a good idea to add the amazon product links to "buy it now" in the games database and beside the games on the weekly charts... I'm sure it wouldn't take much space...