By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kenzomatic said:
So if this works will you be adding a buy button to the Games in the database that will also redirect you to the amazon.com page of that game?

Now this I could get with.  A buy a game button would be full of win.

Around the Network

Also just to be clear all the ads except amazon are based on cost per 1k impression. So you don't make anything off clicks?

And widgets are cost per action. So you still don't make anything off clicks?

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."

Your theories are the worst kind of popular tripe, your methods are sloppy, and your conclusions are highly questionable! You are a poor scientist. Especially if you think the moon landing was faked.

ioi + 1

I really don't like ad-blocking, but my computer is already slow as hell. And I'm using DSL. I mean, some days, I feel like I'm surfing on 56k. So I have to get my speed however I can. Sorry if that interferes with revenue, but if not, it takes me forever to load.

But I'm going to un ad-block the Amazon page. I imagine that I could go through a little trouble just to help the site.

Oh dear, please allow me to clarify. I do not hate the fact that this site has advertisements on it. In fact, I'd rather like to support VG Chartz. My issue is with the form the ad takes, not the presence of the ad itself; that form is entirely beyond the control of VG Chartz, however, and this issue revolves one of my personal peculiarities that I don't expect many people can fully relate to. I apologize if I came off as being pompous or anti-advertisement, because that was not even remotely true. I'd like to see this site stay alive as much as anybody.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Okay...

I just skimmed through the first page of this thread.

I've un ad-blocked everything. I love and want to see this site grow, so I'll go through a little slowdown in order to help keep this site alive.

But a PayPal would be full of win ioi. You should really think about that.

Around the Network

Here is an idea ioi, keep the Amazon one's but get rid of the buzzing mosquito one... That drives me insane lol!

If I may suggest (and hopefully you're not too terribly angry at me at this point), text-based ads tend to work fairly well. Google uses them to great effect, since they're unintrusive enough for sorts like me who cannot handle moving elements on an otherwise static page, but are still quite visible and able to draw the attention of users.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

@Sky

I don't mind moving ads but its when they make a sound without putting the pointer over them that i can't stand... I always refresh the page in order for it to go away! lol

Well, nifty. I use Amazon on a semi-regular basis. I'll make sure to use the widget here from now on, anything to help the site.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

That sucks ioi!

Oh well, the better the pay the better the site will be so we will just have to make do anyway! I will make sure to make purchases through VGChartz from now on anyway :D