By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trump pulls out of Iran nuclear agreement

What doesn't make sense is that you are going into negotiations with another nuke capable country and you violate another treaty with another country at the same time. Weather you are for or against the US pulling out of the Iran deal, does it not seem stupid to make a decision like this when you will be looking to do something very similar with NK.

Here is the other stupid part. So the US pulls out of the Iran deal but without the other countries doing the same. Next, Trump administration says the will impose the most restrictive sanctions on Iran every. The dumb part is that we do not do any business with Iran. The US can sanction the crap out of Iran and it means absolutely nothing if the rest of the world is not also doing the same. Since Trump did not use his great negotiations skills to convince the EU, China and the rest to follow his lead, basically we just swinging in the wind.  The other nations will continue to deal with Iran as usual and our sanctions will be just some stupid political talking point for Trump with no meat.

So basically the US just pulled out of another deal and the rest of the world just moves on without us. Pretty soon the US say in international affairs will be nothing. Instead of leading we will be this nice isolated country with this large military where the rest of the world ignores us.

My opinion about is leaving the Iran deal is more on timing and not getting support from the rest of the world then the US actually pulling out. It just seems that the rest of the world will ignore this administration and look to another big power like China to get things done instead of the US. Our leadership abroad will erode as it has been. Long standing allies will not trust this administration word on anything and other countries that look at us as treats will be less likely to go into any deal believe that at a whim we will pull out or want to change the terms. This is how Trump ran his businesses but if anyone believe that is how you run a nation, you will see there are ver big consequences to that approach.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
If another war(except Syria) in the Middle East doesn't happen in the next 10 years, I'll be surprised.

And again the US will be the cause and centre of it. Who wants to bet the next terrorist group to form from this will; be worse than Daesh?

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also

LiquorandGunFun said:
Nem said:

You should educate yourself by watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xnZ_CeTqyM

Theres was basically no chance Iran could've built any nuclear weapons with that deal. With no deal though? They can do whatever they want.

John Oliver!?  LOL  no need to waste my time.

Edit: im still laughing you used the word "Educate"  LMAO ROFL  this man doesnt educate anymore than jon stewart, or that other anti-semite guy they have on daily show now, i forget his name because it doesnt even matter.

I feel sorry for you.

When I clicked this I thought it said trump pals ran out of nukes . Weird

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Good deal on Trumps part. I applaud the decision.

Sure, if you want a nuclear arms race.

Hey Donnie boy, how's that endorsement of a known pedophile workin' out for ya? Then again, this IS the same guy who ogled at underage pageant contestants. #TheMoreYouKnow

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:

What doesn't make sense is that you are going into negotiations with another nuke capable country and you violate another treaty with another country at the same time. Weather you are for or against the US pulling out of the Iran deal, does it not seem stupid to make a decision like this when you will be looking to do something very similar with NK.

Here is the other stupid part. So the US pulls out of the Iran deal but without the other countries doing the same. Next, Trump administration says the will impose the most restrictive sanctions on Iran every. The dumb part is that we do not do any business with Iran. The US can sanction the crap out of Iran and it means absolutely nothing if the rest of the world is not also doing the same. Since Trump did not use his great negotiations skills to convince the EU, China and the rest to follow his lead, basically we just swinging in the wind.  The other nations will continue to deal with Iran as usual and our sanctions will be just some stupid political talking point for Trump with no meat.

So basically the US just pulled out of another deal and the rest of the world just moves on without us. Pretty soon the US say in international affairs will be nothing. Instead of leading we will be this nice isolated country with this large military where the rest of the world ignores us.

My opinion about is leaving the Iran deal is more on timing and not getting support from the rest of the world then the US actually pulling out. It just seems that the rest of the world will ignore this administration and look to another big power like China to get things done instead of the US. Our leadership abroad will erode as it has been. Long standing allies will not trust this administration word on anything and other countries that look at us as treats will be less likely to go into any deal believe that at a whim we will pull out or want to change the terms. This is how Trump ran his businesses but if anyone believe that is how you run a nation, you will see there are ver big consequences to that approach.

Yes, but have you considered that this is a great way to upset liberals?

thismeintiel said:
JRPGfan said:

Next year if they have Nuclear weapons, then dont bitch about it, and remember Trump is the reason why.

You honestly think they stopped developing them because Obama paid them not to? I got a bridge I'd like to show you. It's up for sale, I promise. Hell, most of the free money we've been giving them has probably been going towards developing them. 

Most countries haven't develop nuclear weapons at all. Why do you think that is? Maybe it's because most countries don't have a reason to. To think that it's a lost cause to try to avoid nuclear proliferation by not giving more countries a reason to develop nuclear weapons is silly. You don't need a nuclear deterrent if you aren't afraid of war. Threatening is a surefire way to make sure your opponents arm up asap. I wonder how many countries mutually assured destruction can handle before someone fs up...

Iran never even signed the deal, it was Political Commitments by the Obama administration. Congress voted it down as well.

Posted Nov 30, 2015 Source

President Obama didn’t require Iranian leaders to sign the nuclear deal that his team negotiated with the regime, and the deal is not “legally binding,” his administration acknowledged in a letter to Representative Mike Pompeo (R., Kan.) obtained by National Review. “The Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) is not a treaty or an executive agreement, and is not a signed document,” wrote Julia Frifield, the State Department assistant secretary for legislative affairs, in the November 19 letter. Frifield wrote the letter in response to a letter Pompeo sent Secretary of State John Kerry, in which he observed that the deal the president had submitted to Congress was unsigned and wondered if the administration had given lawmakers the final agreement. Frifield’s response emphasizes that Congress did receive the final version of the deal. But by characterizing the JCPOA as a set of “political commitments” rather than a more formal agreement, it is sure to heighten congressional concerns that Iran might violate the deal’s terms.

Joel Gehrke notes that Iran's president -- much like our own -- strongly discouraged his country's legislature from voting on the agreement at all, arguing that parliamentary approval would "create an obligation" and impose an "unnecessary legal restriction" on the regime.  Rouhani warned that passage would force him to sign the document, which he'd avoided doing.  A vote was held anyway; the deal was approved, 161-59.   It apparently remains unsigned.  (The United States Congress never formally weighed in on the terrible deal because Senate Democrats repeatedly obstructed any vote, in order to shield President Obama from the political humiliation of explicitly overruling strong bipartisan opposition).  The vote in Tehran was purely symbolic, of course.  The 'Supreme Leader' runs the show in that country, and he allowed his so-called Guardian Council to sign off on the accord, guaranteeing its adoption.  But according to our State Department, that "adoption" wasn't technically binding under international law.  The agreement represents "political commitments" secured by negotiators, we're told, "and is not a signed document."

------------------------------------------

This is just impotent rage once again. just because its Trump.

KManX89 said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Good deal on Trumps part. I applaud the decision.

Hey Donnie boy, how's that endorsement of a known pedophile workin' out for ya? Then again, this IS the same guy who ogled at underage pageant contestants. #TheMoreYouKnow

Known pedophile?

CaptainExplosion said:
KManX89 said:

Known pedophile?

I'm of course referring to Roy Moore. You know, the Alabama Republican Senate candidate who got kicked out of a shopping mall for preying on 14-year-old girls? 

Totes not guilty!

Good to know that slightly more than half of Alabama voters are against sexual assault and pedophilia.