By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo removes DKC Tropical Freeze from Wii U eshop

this seems super petty and a slap in the face to wii u (potential) owners... though there aren’t many of those people left. which is all the more reason why i don’t understand this business move. i guess they wanted to avoid people talking about how the game is $40 cheaper on wii u? but now they have people talking about them removing it from wii u.

what’d they think? as soon as people heard about the cheaper wii u version they would buy a wii u and get that version instead? seems like a ridiculous thought to me.

just an annoying business practice. i don’t like to see nintendo do petty shit like this. makes me worried about their future practices.

Around the Network

Was considering buying DK, seeing this I will actually hold off until it's on sale or 2nd hand, have enough games on the switch for now to avoid paying 60 for a 20e game.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Nintendo realized that Tropical Freeze without playable Funky Kong was an abomination, so they decided it'd be best to remove the Wii U version les some unfortunate soul decided to download it.

Last edited by Shaqazooloo0 - on 01 May 2018

And thats why digital only will suck!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Some real scumbag shit

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

Ugh, games should never be removed except for licensing or legal reasons.

This is just sad, there's no good reason to remove it from the WiiU store.

Still available in the EU regions of the eShop:

curl-6 said:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/308107-digital-option-for-donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze-s-wii-u-v

Can't have people noticing that the original costs $20 when you're about to resell it at three times the price...

Thats low... and silly.... removeing the best Wii U platformer the system had.
Nintendo truely dont give a f***, but then again... how many people are gonna buy a Wii U these days?

Conina said:

Still available in the EU regions of the eShop:

So chances are Donkey Kong is only being pulled in the US cause i checked the Norwegian store on the WiiU itself and it is still there. Or NOE is being slow

If it's still on the EU eShops then it might be something else.