By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS) is the most successful stand alone Zelda title (not counting remasters/other versions)

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the most successful Zelda title combined across all versions.

Yes. 55 88.71%

No. 3 4.84%

Maybe so. 4 6.45%

Total:62

no number will ever change my favorite zelda game, and BotW is not even close.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
That's great for Zelda! I'm sure the Switch version alone will reach 10m sold, probably even 12m - 15m might be pushing it, but I don't think it's impossible.

I think it is possible to reach 12 million by the end of the year. This Zelda has become very leggish from the looks of it. 

Last edited by Acevil - on 27 April 2018

contestgamer said:
Not bad, but when counting sales inflation of games compared to the 90's its really closer to being 5 million to OOT's 7.6. Take the best selling game of this gen and compare it to the best selling game of the ps/n64 gen to find the difference then divide BOTW numbers with that difference to get pre inflation sales numbers. Decent but not ground breaking

Most ridiculous spin I’ve ever read rofl. That isn’t logical at all, and even more so when you realize BOTWs numbers are barely a year old. Inflation my rear, BOTW pulled these numbers with an even smaller installbase than OoT, one of which was a dead system that wasn’t even being sold by Nintendo anymore (Wii U)

Bringing in outside games to determine that is laughable, too. They have nothing to do with the entire market.

Last edited by Roar_Of_War - on 28 April 2018

Well deserved; best game in the series and one of the greatest ever made.

Taking a 30-year-old series and giving it a truly modern rebirth that blows the roof off the franchise's previous sales cap is no mean feat.

Well deserved! One of the best games i've ever played and definitely my favorite Zelda game.

I never thought I would love any Zelda game more than Majora's Mask but they hit it out of the park with this one!

Around the Network

It is definitely the best Zelda game. I hope it outsells all the rest, so that Nintendo will get the picture and make another one like it.

VAMatt said:
It is definitely the best Zelda game. I hope it outsells all the rest, so that Nintendo will get the picture and make another one like it.

Agreed, also so that Nintendo gets the message that when they invest in making epic ambitious games it pays off. They played it way too safe from 2012-2016, nearly nothing they released during that time had any real ambition.

curl-6 said:
VAMatt said:

Agreed, also so that Nintendo gets the message that when they invest in making epic ambitious games it pays off. They played it way too safe from 2012-2016, nearly nothing they released during that time had any real ambition.

Ehmmm, Splatoon??

OTBWY said:
curl-6 said:

Ehmmm, Splatoon??

Splatoon was a cool and fresh (I'll see myself out) new IP, but it wasn't really ambitious or epic in the way that Breath of the Wild is.

curl-6 said:
OTBWY said:

Ehmmm, Splatoon??

Splatoon was a cool and fresh (I'll see myself out) new IP, but it wasn't really ambitious or epic in the way that Breath of the Wild is.

I think it was fairly ambitious, taking on a genre they had only dabbed in a little.