By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima retires as President of Nintendo

PwerlvlAmy said:
damn now that makes me worry for Nintendo tbh. He was great and moved the company in a positive direction very quickly

To be fair, the company was moving in this direction already under Iwata. Things like the concept of Switch, the entry into mobile, expansion into theme park & movies were all underway before Iwata passed.

With that said, im not trying to take anything away from Kimishima, he did a great job in the transition phase and deserves alot of credit.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
So how long was Kishima president? It feels like Iwata died ages ago.

Sept 2015-June 2018, just under 3 years.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
So how long was Kishima president? It feels like Iwata died ages ago.

Sept 2015-June 2018, just under 3 years.

So this new guy doesn't take over until June huh? 

With the tremendous rollout of the Switch and what seemed like a sure future of the system, I’m concerned that this younger president will go back the fumbling of the Wii U era. Every marketing and release has been well planned and timed since the Switch launch, and the results have shown as such. It was nice to see an older, sturn, business-minded executive pushing for the company to maximize every announcement and pushing for opening connections and opportunities to other developers and more mature franchises. Picking unusually successful windows to launch both hardware items and software. With a new president, this could all unravel. I hope they know what they are doing.

Last edited by zygote - on 26 April 2018

zygote said:
With the tremendous rollout of the Switch and what seemed like a sure future of the system, I’m concerned that this younger president will go back the fumbling of the Wii U era. Every marketing and release has been well planned and timed since the Switch launch, and the results have shown as such. It was nice to see a older, sturn, bisiness minded executive pushing for the company to maximize every announcement and pushing for opening connections and opportunities to other developers and more mature franchises. Picking unusually successful windows to launch both hardware items and software. With a new president, this could all unravel. I hope they know what they are doing.

Kimi will still be around as an advisor.

Around the Network

I think he did a great job. Was less public than Iwata though. Best of luck to the new guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Jumpin said:

Furukawa was the next guy up on the totem pole - him, Miyamoto, and Shinya Takahashi were essentially the next three in command - and Miyamoto is just slightly younger than Kimishima.

Furukawa was the likely replacement for Kimishima since he is a lot younger, and basically followed the same career path Kimishima did.

I thought Kimishima came from HR, no?

zorg1000 said:
zygote said:
With the tremendous rollout of the Switch and what seemed like a sure future of the system, I’m concerned that this younger president will go back the fumbling of the Wii U era...

Kimi will still be around as an advisor.

We’ll see I guess. Despite great people at Nintendo, many of the decisions made from the N64 to Switch eras that have haunted them have still happened under certain circumstances. I love Nintendo and the consoles always had good memories for me, but some of the decisions were just off enough to fall flat. All it takes is a certain chain of events to either make a console great or die off. The aggressiveness and confidence Nintendo has shown over the last year and a half has been a breath of fresh air.

Well Switch idea and general plan actually came from Satoru Iwata. Kimishima were just passing the plan and the foundation that had been worked by Satoru Iwata.

He may have done a good job releasing Switch on the market but he are meant to be a temporary replacement.

cool ..also i dont understand why folk are giving kimishima credit for just following the blueprints laid by iwata before his passing