By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima retires as President of Nintendo

Mnementh said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

46 years old, so pretty young by CEO standards

Also, these changes concern me a bit:

4. Anticipated new Directors・Director (excluding a Director as an Audit and Supervisory Committee Member) Director Satoru Shibata(Current: Executive Officer President, Nintendo of Europe GmbH)

Senior Executive Officer Satoru Shibata (Current: Executive Officer President, Nintendo of Europe GmbH)

Will he still be President of Nintendo Europe?

Oh no, I love Shibata as NoE-director, he beats Reggie in every aspect.

Same here, that's why I am concerned

Around the Network

Understandable, didn't expect Kimishima to do that job for a long time. Iwata was 43 when he became preisdent of Nintendo and would likely have kept his job for some years if he hadn't died. So it's a good job and time to get a younger president that might keep his job for decades.
Kimishima has done well, but he's old. Better he retires now when all is well and not in a few years when there might be more difficult times for Nintendo.
Shibata moving back to Japan makes me wonder a bit what will happen next here in Europe.

Holy FUCK!!!
Top 10 Anime plot twist!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

bringing new life into it.... Love it!

Switch!!!

this could be good. time will tell.

Around the Network

Why not Koizumi :S

Well, I think it was to be expected, since even back when it was announced Kimishima was to be the president, it was said to be a temporary job.Still, it is kinda sad given how great of a job he has done.

Having said that, nothing will really change, at least in the short term.The new director and new staff will follow suit with the overall strategy that Kimishima and Iwata laid out.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

So long 5th Chairman.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

I thought it was understood that he was a temporary president...

Nevertheless he did well, but even he admits the company's new direction wasn't his doing. He will be missed though, the memes and the age of ass will be well recorded.