By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima retires as President of Nintendo

I think he did a really good job, besides the price of hardware and accessories though.

Around the Network

Personally I think Yoshiaki Koizumi would've been a better option, but Shuntaro Furukawa seems qualified enough and having younger blood heading the company is going to be interesting to see in the near future.

Filled the temp role well.

I liked Kimishima.
Hopefully the new one is also good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

HintHRO said:
Why not Koizumi :S

He's basically still at the helm of the 3D Mario team, let him create his ultimate masterpiece first :D

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network

Kimishima was a great president for the time being, shure, he had to face supply constraints but the company is in a far better shape now compared to when he became president (albeit the success is also thanks to Iwata's work behind the curtains)

TheLegendaryWolf said:
Personally I think Yoshiaki Koizumi would've been a better option, but Shuntaro Furukawa seems qualified enough and having younger blood heading the company is going to be interesting to see in the near future.

I think the initial idea was to have either Koizumi or Takahashi becoming the new president but, looking back at Iwata, they thought it was better to have the first being the company's image (he's in almost every Direct now), the latter leading the software development and a third person as the President who handles the marketing/economical aspects  

melbye said:
Kimishima has done a great job leading Nintendo in the last few years, so this was kinda a surprising announcement.

Jack tretton did the same. Sometimes it's good to go out on top after turning things around.

Seems awfully quick. Wish him the best.

Kind of sad news, he did great for Nintendo