By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kimishima retires as President of Nintendo

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180426_5e.pdf

To be replaced by Shuntaro Furukawa, a board member of both Nintendo and the Pokemon Company, with a marketing background.

The age of ass is over folks.

Around the Network

Well, it was a temporary position, so not much of a surprise anyway. I'll miss the age of ass, though. XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Kimishima has done a great job leading Nintendo in the last few years, so this was kinda a surprising announcement.

Wow, he wasn't in that position for long. He still was a great president behind the scenes!

damn now that makes me worry for Nintendo tbh. He was great and moved the company in a positive direction very quickly

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Kimishima did a very servicable job I’d say, hopefully Furukawa maintains good direction and momentum for the company.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I'm looking forward to the videos/articles that get into a deep analysis about Furukawa's business philosophy and speculation on how he'll run Nintendo.

He has done a great job in a time where Nintendo was counted out. Cheers Kimishima. Hope his successor keeps the business on track.

Also, THE AGE OF ASS WILL NEVER DIE, WE WILL FIND THICC IN THE TOUGHEST TIMES!

Aw man, that's a shame. He did a really great job for the time he was there.

Hopefully the new president can keep up the momentum and build on their newfound success.

So this is what doomsday believers were referring to ...

We're going to see a complete 180.