By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: In late 2018 Switch will get update with a bunch of new third party AAA and 1st party games

Ljink96 said:

Is that really a smart thing to do though...will there be any release conflict? I hope not. Kimishima wants to hit 30M by next March and a mix of strong 1st and 3rd party software will do the trick, but doing it so close, I have my concerns. But we'll see. Maybe they can work out an effective release schedule. We know Smash and Yoshi, but what else could be coming in the 2nd half that's unannounced? If Animal Crossing and Pokemon are in that lineup it may be overkill, no it will be overkill.

In terms of 3rd party I think we'll get Dragon Ball FighterZ, Fortnite, Call of Duty (whatever form it takes) GTAV, tons of Japanese support, maybe the new Tales of game, etc. I also still think Soul Caliber VI is coming to Switch, this year...maybe? Probably not. 

Can't wait for E3 though, I think Nintendo's gonna have one hell of a show.

Actually most likely plan is around 20m shipped for current FY, so that would make around 35m at end of next March. Nintendo will definatly spread their titles, but they cant relly spread out 3rd party too much if they are much more 3rd party games are on way.

KLXVER said:
Miyamotoo said:

We'll probably nothing will top Zelda BoTW and Mario Odyssey, but combination of more solid games (1st party and espacily 3rd party ones), could make stronger lineup as hole.

Well I personally think the Switch had more quality games than those two last year, but we`ll see I guess.

Of Course it did, but Switch will have quilty games this year also, but hardly any game will top those two games (97 meta score).

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 22 April 2018

Around the Network

End of the year can be pretty big if nintendo manages to get out Fire Emblem,Yoshi,Smash,Pokemon all this year. I'm having my doubts about Fire Emblem though because we haven't see anything at all about it and Yoshi seems like its a dead game(its not,but lack of info is weird)

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

The leak is vague as hell. What are these great 1st party games? For some people it could be games like Metroid Prime 4 or Fire Emblem. These games definitely have fans but not really enough of them to sell hardware. Smash Bros is legit as a huge title, but I doubt they will have another game of that caliber.

PwerlvlAmy said:
End of the year can be pretty big if nintendo manages to get out Fire Emblem,Yoshi,Smash,Pokemon all this year. I'm having my doubts about Fire Emblem though because we haven't see anything at all about it and Yoshi seems like its a dead game(its not,but lack of info is weird)

Its not weird at all with way how Nintendo is managing announcements and releases, they are focusing on games that will be out in near future, I am pretty sure we will see Fire Emblem, Yoshi and Smash at E3.

Miyamotoo said:
Ljink96 said:

Is that really a smart thing to do though...will there be any release conflict? I hope not. Kimishima wants to hit 30M by next March and a mix of strong 1st and 3rd party software will do the trick, but doing it so close, I have my concerns. But we'll see. Maybe they can work out an effective release schedule. We know Smash and Yoshi, but what else could be coming in the 2nd half that's unannounced? If Animal Crossing and Pokemon are in that lineup it may be overkill, no it will be overkill.

In terms of 3rd party I think we'll get Dragon Ball FighterZ, Fortnite, Call of Duty (whatever form it takes) GTAV, tons of Japanese support, maybe the new Tales of game, etc. I also still think Soul Caliber VI is coming to Switch, this year...maybe? Probably not. 

Can't wait for E3 though, I think Nintendo's gonna have one hell of a show.

Actually most likely plan is around 35m shipped for current FY, so that would make around 35m at end of next March. Nintendo will definatly spread their titles, but they cant relly spread out 3rd party too much if they are much more 3rd party games are on way.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Then yeah I think they'll be fine. We should have more of an idea on the 26th, that'll be an interesting day to watch for sure. If Pokemon is 2018 instead of 2018 or later, it's going to be a crazy 2018. The issue is indeed 3rd parties being able to tiptoe around Nintendo's bigger titles and strategically plan releases.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 22 April 2018

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
The leak is vague as hell. What are these great 1st party games? For some people it could be games like Metroid Prime 4 or Fire Emblem. These games definitely have fans but not really enough of them to sell hardware. Smash Bros is legit as a huge title, but I doubt they will have another game of that caliber.

Could be Pokémon though.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Well he dont talk anything specific, he basically saying that there will be plenty of releases later in year. Its most likly that we are getting another big heavy hitter alongside Smash Bros, most likly Pokemon or Animal Crossing. Dont forget, GameStop excuse also said that Switch has some big announced 2018. titles.

Ljink96 said:
Miyamotoo said:

Actually most likely plan is around 20m shipped for current FY, so that would make around 35m at end of next March. Nintendo will definatly spread their titles, but they cant relly spread out 3rd party too much if they are much more 3rd party games are on way.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. Then yeah I think they'll be fine. We should have more of an idea on the 26th, that'll be an interesting day to watch for sure. If Pokemon is 2018 instead of 2018 or later, it's going to be a crazy 2018. The issue is indeed 3rd parties being able to tiptoe around Nintendo's bigger titles and strategically plan releases.

My bad, around 20m for current FY ( so that would make around 35m at end of next March), we will know for sure this week plans for current FY.

KLXVER said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Could be Pokémon though.

Miyamotoo said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Well he dont talk anything specific, he basically saying that there will be plenty of releases later in year. Its most likly that we are getting another big heavy hitter alongside Smash Bros, most likly Pokemon or Animal Crossing. Dont forget, GameStop excuse also said that Switch has some big announced 2018. titles.

I will be shocked if Pokemon is released in 2018.  I expect another one of these updates like, "We are working hard on Pokemon to make sure you get it by 2019", and then they tease just a little bit of content.  Animal Crossing is a better possibility and would be a big reveal if they are holding it back til E3.

I suppose more big 1st party support in late 2018 is likely, as we are roughly due for some games from them. Super Smash Bros, Yoshi, and, Fire Emblem have all been announced, and I wouldn't be too surprised to see Animal Crossing, Mario Party 11, 2D Mario, Pikmin, etc.

What I'm more curious about is what Ubisoft could be bringing, especially if the "AAA" is meant sincerely. So far, Ubisoft's support has been middling at best. Mario + Rabbids is a good exclusive, but besides that we have Just Dance and a few ports of older games and budget titles. So far, we know that they're bringing something called Starlink to Switch, but I'm not sure if that's AAA.

If I had to guess a few major games, it would be Just Dance 2019, Assassin's Creed Rogue, any new Rayman or Rabbids title, and Watch Dogs 3.

Just Dance still sells decently, and 2018 sold best on Switch, so that's a keeper. Assassin's Creed Rogue recently got a 8th gen port, but its 7th gen roots will likely make it relatively easy to port to the Switch. I can imagine Michel Ancel not being allowed to make BG&E2 and instead being put on Rayman or Rabbids duty, or a random Ubisoft studio being assigned a Rabbids project. Either way, a Switch port is virtually inevitable, based on the popularity of those series on Nintendo platforms for over a decade now. Watch Dogs was on the Wii U back in the day, so assuming there is no massive technical shift in the likely upcoming third entry, a Switch version is fairly likely.

Love and tolerate.