By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: In late 2018 Switch will get update with a bunch of new third party AAA and 1st party games

Miyamotoo said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
End of the year can be pretty big if nintendo manages to get out Fire Emblem,Yoshi,Smash,Pokemon all this year. I'm having my doubts about Fire Emblem though because we haven't see anything at all about it and Yoshi seems like its a dead game(its not,but lack of info is weird)

Its not weird at all with way how Nintendo is managing announcements and releases, they are focusing on games that will be out in near future, I am pretty sure we will see Fire Emblem, Yoshi and Smash at E3.

It is weird. Yoshi has pretty much disappeared since its reveal. Just weird hearing next to nothing about it for almost a year 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

Maybe Pokemon is coming this year after all, even though I've always felt strongly it's a 2019 title. But if they had both Smash and Pokemon for the Holidays the Switch sales would be insane. Throw in Animal Crossing as well and I'd imagine it would break all time Q4 hardware records. But that would also be overkill, imo, so hopefully at least either Pokemon or AC are saved for 2019. 

The_Liquid_Laser said:
KLXVER said:

Could be Pokémon though.

Miyamotoo said:

Well he dont talk anything specific, he basically saying that there will be plenty of releases later in year. Its most likly that we are getting another big heavy hitter alongside Smash Bros, most likly Pokemon or Animal Crossing. Dont forget, GameStop excuse also said that Switch has some big announced 2018. titles.

I will be shocked if Pokemon is released in 2018.  I expect another one of these updates like, "We are working hard on Pokemon to make sure you get it by 2019", and then they tease just a little bit of content.  Animal Crossing is a better possibility and would be a big reveal if they are holding it back til E3.

To be fair Pokemon from start is stated like 2018. or later release, while for instance Metroid Prime 4 is TBA. We also had few indications that Pokemon could really come this year,  localization is already started few months ago , new trademark...in any case I definitely expecting Pokemon or Animal Crossing this year alongside Smash Bros.

PwerlvlAmy said:
Miyamotoo said:

Its not weird at all with way how Nintendo is managing announcements and releases, they are focusing on games that will be out in near future, I am pretty sure we will see Fire Emblem, Yoshi and Smash at E3.

It is weird. Yoshi has pretty much disappeared since its reveal. Just weird hearing next to nothing about it for almost a year 

No its not because they are focusing on games that will be out in near future, same could be said for Fire Emblem that's actually announced even before Yoshi, simple reason is why Nintendo didnt show them again because they are most likely titles for second half of 2018. so with they way of managing things there was no reason to talk about them before this years E3 for instance.

If Pokemon is hitting this year then I have to say that I think we're getting something more in line with what the franchise has always been. It's not going to be some big open world with Pokken level graphics. There's no way GF could make that leap and finish it that quickly. It will be more like an HD upgrade of SuMo, otherwise it's gotta be a 2019 release imo.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Miyamotoo said:

Looks like it's becoming a regular thing for Yoshi to be announced and disappear, since the same thing happened to Woolly World

Miyamotoo said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I will be shocked if Pokemon is released in 2018.  I expect another one of these updates like, "We are working hard on Pokemon to make sure you get it by 2019", and then they tease just a little bit of content.  Animal Crossing is a better possibility and would be a big reveal if they are holding it back til E3.

To be fair Pokemon from start is stated like 2018. or later release, while for instance Metroid Prime 4 is TBA. We also had few indications that Pokemon could really come this year,  localization is already started few months ago , new trademark...in any case I definitely expecting Pokemon or Animal Crossing this year alongside Smash Bros.

I know they've said 2018 or later, but I am pretty certain it's "later".  Going from 3DS to Switch is a big leap in graphics and such.  I think they are going to need more time to get it right.

Rumors be rumors.

I would be extremely surprised if Pokemon came out this year. I think holiday 2019 is the most likely release time for Pokemon. The last thing they want to do is rush their first console pokemon on a super hot system. It's gonna be a big upgrade for the series and they need to get it right.

As the dude said, both AAA third party games and more first party games will be hitting late this year, really from a first party perspective one other major franchise and maybe one or second tier game would be enough considering that apparently several AAA third party games are coming as well. Third party games I'm guessing will be a couple huge old ports and a couple huge new multi-plat games. Overall this would make a very strong second half of the year.

Fortnite, GTAV, COD: Battle Royale are all big 3rd party titles that have been rumored/speculated for Switch.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.