By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you tend to purchase games nowadays?

How do you tend to purchase games nowadays?

All retail 251 20.06%

Mostly retail 426 34.05%

About half and half 218 17.43%

Mostly digital 202 16.15%

All digital 130 10.39%

I don't buy games 17 1.36%

Other 7 0.56%

Total:1,251

Mostly digital. Less hassle dealing with storage.

Around the Network
yvanjean said: 

I think every one that said they buy all retail are lying, unless they live in a remote area without access to internet.

I live 20 minutes outside NYC:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8767865

I used to prefer retail on PS4 (PC is all digital obviously), but since I account share with my brother and PSVR is more comfortable with it I‘m mostly all digital these days.

Mostly retail.

Exceptions are digital versions of lesser games that I buy very cheap and don't need to see on my shelf, games that got a physical version only after the digital version released, and games that are perpetually only available in digital format or only have an obscenely priced limited edition as physical release.

Physical copies provide ownership, are cheaper than digital on release day and can be played before release day.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

TalonMan said:
yvanjean said: 

I think every one that said they buy all retail are lying, unless they live in a remote area without access to internet.

What about Snipper clip, Celeste, Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Golf Story, Picross s, Shovel Knight, Fast RMX?

Tommy Jean, CPA, CGA

Around the Network

It's been mostly digital for me.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

I still buy majority at retail but with the switch I have been kicking myself for not going full digital. Perhaps the next game I buy for it I will actually do digitally.

Neodegenerate said:
I still buy majority at retail but with the switch I have been kicking myself for not going full digital. Perhaps the next game I buy for it I will actually do digitally.

With the very limited memory space of the Switch perhaps you'd be better off sticking with physical games...

yvanjean said:
TalonMan said:

What about Snipper clip, Celeste, Stardew Valley, Minecraft, Golf Story, Picross s, Shovel Knight, Fast RMX?

Snipperclips is in that pile, I assure you.

The rest of those don't HAVE a physical release, so obviously if I want them, I don't have much of a choice...   ...you're statement implied that anyone who claimed to only buy retail was either a liar or lived in the sticks - my current collection (and location) proves you are wrong on both counts.

Your opening statement was ALSO incredibly incorrect because I'm absolutely an "older" gamer, and it's BECAUSE of my increased disposable income that I purchase physical games only - in particular any "special edition" versions which are simply unavailable in the "digital" world.

Basically, your entire post made some really bad assumptions, and I figured it was worth pointing that out to you...

CrazyGamer2017 said:
Neodegenerate said:

With the very limited memory space of the Switch perhaps you'd be better off sticking with physical games...

i can throw the games on the SD card though yes?

Ironically my biggest issue with the Switch isnt carrying around the games when I travel or anything, its inserting them when I have the system docked.  Because of my TV stand I have to remove the Switch to comfortably change the games.  Would much rather just click over to change out at this point.