By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you tend to purchase games nowadays?

How do you tend to purchase games nowadays?

All retail 251 20.06%

Mostly retail 426 34.05%

About half and half 218 17.43%

Mostly digital 202 16.15%

All digital 130 10.39%

I don't buy games 17 1.36%

Other 7 0.56%

Total:1,251

Retail til the day I die.

Around the Network

I'm 100% physical, but a mix of retail, yard sales, flea markets and thrift stores.

I tend to buy online hardcopies for older systems which tends to be the only option since stores in my area dont have games for those systems anymore. For my newer systems digital store since my internet is fast enough to have any game downloaded and installed within 15 minutes

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Half half. Rarely do I buy games full price digital, though. Xbox has sales weekly and most, if not all games I buy come from said sales.

Almost entirely digital.

Around the Network

On PlayStation consoles digital only and on Nintendo consoles retail only. I would love to transition to digital only on Nintendo consoles too but the small storage that come with Nintendo consoles is holding me back from making it possible.

Depends entirely on the platform.

On PC: All digital. I don't even remember the last time I bought a physical game for PC
On console. Almost entirely physical, with a few exceptions from time to time.

60% digital and 40% retail. Last gen was 80 to 90% retail, but I've been embracing digital more this gen.

Been digital only all gen

Digital only. Stores around here suck ass. They never have the games I want so I don't care to even look there anymore. I also don't order discs at online stores, because I don't see the point. Downloading them is way faster.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.