By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you tend to purchase games nowadays?

How do you tend to purchase games nowadays?

All retail 251 20.06%

Mostly retail 426 34.05%

About half and half 218 17.43%

Mostly digital 202 16.15%

All digital 130 10.39%

I don't buy games 17 1.36%

Other 7 0.56%

Total:1,251

retail. i like to keep people employed and of the street.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
retail. i like to keep people employed and of the street.

There's a fine line between off the street and of the street. 

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Depends on the game, if it's a game from a franchise I am a big fan of, then I buy physical through online stores mostly since retail stores are very expensive where I live. Otherwise I buy digital.

Mostly retail, specially for console. On PC is mostly digital for obvious reasons, but I never buy a digital game at full price, they don't usually have the right value in my eyes.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Mostly retail, few cases the digital version where the digital version is insanely cheaper. PC I do all digital, but I sort of hate steam right now, so I abandoned PC.

Around the Network

On PC: 100% Digital

On consoles: 95% Retail

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

almost all digital nowadays. the only retail games i buy are 1st party nintendo

In my country the official prices are ridiculosly high so the prices on the eshop (I only play Nintendo games for the moment) are attached to that, I tend to buy my games on the "grey" market were the prices are the same as USA or even lower, so no money for digital.

I know... my English sucks.

I always buy physical when available

Always physical, unless digital is the only option and even then I might wait until the game is heavily discounted depending on the effort put by the publisher, for example:

- Capcom did try with Ace Attorney, but the games weren't selling enough physical copies for them, they went digital on 3DS and I bought AA 5 and 6 at full price.

- Nintendo of America never put any real effort in the Fatal Frame series, FF IV wasn't localized for the Wii and FF V got a digital only release on a Wii U starving for games, I'll buy the later if it hits a price of $ 1.

For Indies or PC games on Steam, if I like them enough I might buy them at full price.