By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you tend to purchase games nowadays?

How do you tend to purchase games nowadays?

All retail 251 20.06%

Mostly retail 426 34.05%

About half and half 218 17.43%

Mostly digital 202 16.15%

All digital 130 10.39%

I don't buy games 17 1.36%

Other 7 0.56%

Total:1,251

Mostly retail. Although digital retail where they ship it to me instead of going to a store

Only get digital when it's cheaper, which is very rare. Even bought a physical PC game at retail earlier this year because that was cheaper than the digital price

Around the Network

Been digital only all gen

Digital only. Stores around here suck ass. They never have the games I want so I don't care to even look there anymore. I also don't order discs at online stores, because I don't see the point. Downloading them is way faster.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

retail. i like to keep people employed and of the street.

Cobretti2 said:
retail. i like to keep people employed and of the street.

There's a fine line between off the street and of the street. 

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Around the Network

Depends on the game, if it's a game from a franchise I am a big fan of, then I buy physical through online stores mostly since retail stores are very expensive where I live. Otherwise I buy digital.

Mostly retail, specially for console. On PC is mostly digital for obvious reasons, but I never buy a digital game at full price, they don't usually have the right value in my eyes.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Mostly retail, few cases the digital version where the digital version is insanely cheaper. PC I do all digital, but I sort of hate steam right now, so I abandoned PC.

On PC: 100% Digital

On consoles: 95% Retail

almost all digital nowadays. the only retail games i buy are 1st party nintendo