By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 15): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 9 - 15, 2018

Mnementh said:
Kerotan said:

Been sold out on all online stores I've checked for weeks. It's not theory, it's fact. 

The drop is in line with everything else dropping, but for PS4 it's special? And really. 10K is all Sony can deliver? Last year they could deliver 20K. Have Sony factories exploded or what?

My theory is that they are trying to force a customer purchase shift towards the Pro Model as a natural progression from the older Units just as the Old 3DS faded away as the N3DS gained traction. They probably just haven't got the ratios right yet.



Around the Network

sad to see switch below 40k an splatoon below 20k



JRPGfan said:
Barkley said:

So now we move on to the question of... why the hell does the PS4 have a stock problem?

It's not like they'd be gearing up to the release of a new model at this time of year.

It feels like its been this way for a month or more.... not sure what Sony is up too, but something must be going on.
New Super Slim model? PS4pro Slim? something.

+10 weeks. Their is probably 'stock issues' because retailers aren't ordering them so much like before and reserve the place for other products' Software isn't selling that much except for MH, PS4 wins at one place and that is the second hand market in Japan.  Maybe they have a new product/SKU for Japan in a few months but shortages for 10 weeks while selling that low it must have to do something with demand'.






Despite a strong start for the Xbox One with Monster Hunter its current performance is below the baseline of last year.

Also this is the worst week this year. EVERY platform has achieved a new low.



Since PS4 shortages seem to be true, we must question Sony's competence in the Japanese market. The PS4 has been in production for way too long to have stock shortages so severe that they are threatened by a sub-10k number.

In other news, KSA seems to be holding quite well. Good for it.



Carl is a Piplup hater and deserves to be punished eternally.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
Mnementh said:

The drop is in line with everything else dropping, but for PS4 it's special? And really. 10K is all Sony can deliver? Last year they could deliver 20K. Have Sony factories exploded or what?

In case you missed it the source is famitsu.  https://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

"PlayStation 4, which still does not solve shortage, only sold 13 thousand vehicles in total for 2 models." - Vehicles!!!!!

 

zorg1000 said:
Mnementh said:

The drop is in line with everything else dropping, but for PS4 it's special? And really. 10K is all Sony can deliver? Last year they could deliver 20K. Have Sony factories exploded or what?

Its drop is actually much worse than NSW/3DS/Vita, all three of them had less than a 10% drop from last week, PS4 had a ~25% drop from last week.

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!



That Pac Man chart is turning into a common occurrence.

It's gonna be an interesting end to the year. Can't wait to see what software Nintendo have lined up for the Switch and if Square Enix can get Final Fantasy VII out in time for the holidays.



                            

Carl said:
That Pac Man chart is turning into a common occurrence.

It's gonna be an interesting end to the year. Can't wait to see what software Nintendo have lined up for the Switch and if Square Enix can get Final Fantasy VII out in time for the holidays.

Wait, both Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII are scheduled for this year? Something has to give, right?



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
Carl said:
That Pac Man chart is turning into a common occurrence.

It's gonna be an interesting end to the year. Can't wait to see what software Nintendo have lined up for the Switch and if Square Enix can get Final Fantasy VII out in time for the holidays.

Wait, both Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy VII are scheduled for this year? Something has to give, right?

Kingdom Hearts 3 is set for a 2018 release but as far as I know, Final Fantasy VII doesn't have any kind of release window.

Considering they had gameplay footage over a year ago, the first episode shouldn't be too far away. Then again, it's Square Enix so it could also be any time in the next 4 years.



                            

Yeah pretty low sales all around. Switch will pac-man it's way through the rest of this gen from now on though.

Also, Zelda legs in Japan.