By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 15): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 9 - 15, 2018

Extremely boring week but Labo will make next week very interesting.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
Megiddo said:
Famitsu has confirmed ps4 stock shortages. It is not a theory.

Source?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/6647982/



Mnementh said:
Kerotan said:

I'm praying the shortage is legit. Either they have new models coming and/or a major price cut. However you'd expect it around e3 so maybe they just ran out of stock way to quick after monster Hunter world boosted hardware sales by more then expected. 

Really? We are still in this supply constraint theory? What now, Sony can only supply 10K to Japan? That's pathetic. Nom, everything dropped, not only PS4, so it is not the supply here. We look at baseline. Same for Switch. It will be better in Golden Week and with new releases (God of War and Labo for the respective systems).

Been sold out on all online stores I've checked for weeks. It's not theory, it's fact. 



Megiddo said:
VGPolyglot said:

Source?

https://www.resetera.com/posts/6647982/

So now we move on to the question of... why the hell does the PS4 have a stock problem?

It's not like they'd be gearing up to the release of a new model at this time of year.



Give it up to the Switch, no huge release and was able to still sold the most year to date, I cant imagine what happen when the big releases happen



Around the Network
Barkley said:
Megiddo said:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/6647982/

So now we move on to the question of... why the hell does the PS4 have a stock problem?

It's not like they'd be gearing up to the release of a new model at this time of year.

It feels like its been this way for a month or more.... not sure what Sony is up too, but something must be going on.
New Super Slim model? PS4pro Slim? something.



Kerotan said:
Mnementh said:

Really? We are still in this supply constraint theory? What now, Sony can only supply 10K to Japan? That's pathetic. Nom, everything dropped, not only PS4, so it is not the supply here. We look at baseline. Same for Switch. It will be better in Golden Week and with new releases (God of War and Labo for the respective systems).

Been sold out on all online stores I've checked for weeks. It's not theory, it's fact. 

The drop is in line with everything else dropping, but for PS4 it's special? And really. 10K is all Sony can deliver? Last year they could deliver 20K. Have Sony factories exploded or what?



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Kerotan said:

Been sold out on all online stores I've checked for weeks. It's not theory, it's fact. 

The drop is in line with everything else dropping, but for PS4 it's special? And really. 10K is all Sony can deliver? Last year they could deliver 20K. Have Sony factories exploded or what?

In case you missed it the source is famitsu.  https://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

"PlayStation 4, which still does not solve shortage, only sold 13 thousand vehicles in total for 2 models." - Vehicles!!!!!



Mnementh said:
Kerotan said:

Been sold out on all online stores I've checked for weeks. It's not theory, it's fact. 

The drop is in line with everything else dropping, but for PS4 it's special? And really. 10K is all Sony can deliver? Last year they could deliver 20K. Have Sony factories exploded or what?

Its drop is actually much worse than NSW/3DS/Vita, all three of them had less than a 10% drop from last week, PS4 had a ~25% drop from last week.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

It'll be really interesting to see the comparison of Snack World Treasure Gold sales compared to Ni no Kuni 2.

1. [NSW] The Snack World: Trejarers Gold – 35,655 / NEW

11. [PS4] Ni no Kuni II – 4,184 / 87,251

Fairing pretty good considering one is a late 3DS port and the other is a new big budget title, no wonder level 5 decided to support Switch with all their main games from here on out.