By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 15): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 9 - 15, 2018

Finally 2M+ retail for Monster Hunter PS4!!!

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Mnementh said:

The drop is in line with everything else dropping, but for PS4 it's special? And really. 10K is all Sony can deliver? Last year they could deliver 20K. Have Sony factories exploded or what?

Its drop is actually much worse than NSW/3DS/Vita, all three of them had less than a 10% drop from last week, PS4 had a ~25% drop from last week.

It's easy, you can buy NSW/3DS/Vita basically anywhere, not PS4. And even less if you're looking for a specific model.

Like I said 2 weeks ago, I bought a PS4 Pro GoW limited edition because it was the last one available at my local big electronics store in Tokyo (and yet, I took the last pre-order). No other model in stock, the shelves were empty. Meanwhile they had easily 60-80 Switches waiting on their shelves. Obviously the PS4 has a bigger drop...

hope ps4 can reach better numbers again, mhw effect is gone, hope SE will announce release date of kh3 soon

Faelco said:
zorg1000 said:

Its drop is actually much worse than NSW/3DS/Vita, all three of them had less than a 10% drop from last week, PS4 had a ~25% drop from last week.

It's easy, you can buy NSW/3DS/Vita basically anywhere, not PS4. And even less if you're looking for a specific model.

Like I said 2 weeks ago, I bought a PS4 Pro GoW limited edition because it was the last one available at my local big electronics store in Tokyo (and yet, I took the last pre-order). No other model in stock, the shelves were empty. Meanwhile they had easily 60-80 Switches waiting on their shelves. Obviously the PS4 has a bigger drop...

Thats kinda what i was getting at.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Faelco said:

I know, just adding context! My message was more for the guy you answered to actually. 

Around the Network
Faelco said:
zorg1000 said:

I know, just adding context! My message was more for the guy you answered to actually. 

Ok thats kinda what i thought but wasnt sure lol

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Green098 said:

It'll be really interesting to see the comparison of Snack World Treasure Gold sales compared to Ni no Kuni 2.

1. [NSW] The Snack World: Trejarers Gold – 35,655 / NEW

11. [PS4] Ni no Kuni II – 4,184 / 87,251

Fairing pretty good considering one is a late 3DS port and the other is a new big budget title, no wonder level 5 decided to support Switch with all their main games from here on out.

1 was made for Japan. While the other is only alive due to the west. No wonder level 5 decided to choose PS4 for Ni no Kuni 2.

ZODIARKrebirth said:
hope ps4 can reach better numbers again, mhw effect is gone, hope SE will announce release date of kh3 soon

You are actually surprised that one week before God of War enters the map (I assume they have bundles announced like everywhere), sales drop significantly?

drkohler said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:

You are actually surprised that one week before God of War enters the map (I assume they have bundles announced like everywhere), sales drop significantly?

not suprised, but i don't know if god of war could help that much in japan for the ps4 hardware numbers, would happy if it could

Barkley said:
Mnementh said:

The drop is in line with everything else dropping, but for PS4 it's special? And really. 10K is all Sony can deliver? Last year they could deliver 20K. Have Sony factories exploded or what?

In case you missed it the source is famitsu.  https://www.famitsu.com/biz/ranking/

"PlayStation 4, which still does not solve shortage, only sold 13 thousand vehicles in total for 2 models." - Vehicles!!!!!

What strikes me is that "stock problems" are only in Japan. 

Switch Friend Code = 5965 - 4586 - 6484

PSN: alejollorente10