By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favourite weapons in gaming

Of all the various tools of destruction available in the medium, what are your top favs, and why?

Around the Network

The very first Legendary weapon I found in Borderlands (it was like a level 15) and it just incinerated people.  I used it forever.  I was playing Lilith and it was perfect with her elemental skills.  

In Borderlands 2, I LOVED the Hornet.  It was a corrosive weapon with splash damage.  You shoot one robot in a group and soon they're all melting.  It was a burst fire weapon when zoomed.  Robots are the main enemy in that game and it made them cake.

The Problem Solver in Fallout 4 is just a beast.  Every hit on an enemy adds more and more damage.  You mod it for automatic and nothing in the game can stand up to steady fire.  It's so powerful that I don't use it unless I'm in a desperate situation.  

Some of mine:

Gauss Cannon, Doom 2016

Lancer, Gears of War 

Broken Butterfly, Resident Evil 4

Ancient Arrows, Breath of the Wild

Gjallarhorn, pre-nerf - cuz it was an incredible killing machine.

Around the Network

Shrinker - for obvious reasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO9UHdm7NJQ

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

My favorites are not guns but swords

Oathkeeper and Oblivion - The keyblades wielded by the KH character named Roxas

Monado - Really feelin' it

Anything in Gears honestly feels super satisfying. I've not played any other game where every kill felt so damn good.

I've always like the looks of the various incarnations of the R-9. Since I was a kid

This might be cheating a bit, but it's primarily a weapon of war.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I have a lot of memories with these two weapons!