By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What will sell better on PS4: God of War or Spider-Man?

What will sell better on PS4: God of War or Spider-Man?

God of War 44 47.83%

Spider-Man 34 36.96%

Virtually a tie 14 15.22%

Total:92

If spiderman is any good. Then Spiderman.

Around the Network

God of War. But Spider-Man will sell very very good too.

I’m honestly thinking Spider Man simply because of the mass appeal it has from being backed by MCU. Both will sell great, but after last year’s E3 where the Spider-Man trailer got more views than any other trailer, I think Spider Man has a lot more eyes on it.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

I think the games will compliment themselves greatly. Each having the potential to surpass 5 millon each. What I do wish though is pending Disney's purchase of 20th Century Fox and already Marvel, I hope we get more game from Marvel like Spiderman, Hulk, Thor, Wolverine, Black widow etc.

Considering Marvel Advertisement machine is also behind the Spiderman game I think it will be really close. But in the end GOW will more probably sell more.

Around the Network

That is a good and tough question. Spider-Man has a lot of star power behind it, but God of War has been a successful franchise on PlayStation.

My money's on Spider-Man, but I believe both will do good numbers on the first weeks and on the long run.

Vizigoth04 said:
I think the games will compliment themselves greatly. Each having the potential to surpass 5 millon each. What I do wish though is pending Disney's purchase of 20th Century Fox and already Marvel, I hope we get more game from Marvel like Spiderman, Hulk, Thor, Wolverine, Black widow etc.

Horizon did 7.6 million in a year and that's a new IP. At least one of these will score higher on Metacritic and they are extremely well known franchises to boot. The install base will also be much higher than when Horizon released. This all points to both selling at least as well as Horizon. This 5 million or so noise makes no sense.

LethalP said:
Vizigoth04 said:

Horizon did 7.6 million in a year and that's a new IP. At least one of these will score higher on Metacritic and they are extremely well known franchises to boot. The install base will also be much higher than when Horizon released. This all points to both selling at least as well as Horizon. This 5 million or so noise makes no sense.

LethalP said:
Vizigoth04 said:

Hey I'd be ecstatic if they both did even better. I'm just saying 5 millon is a pretty good milestone for this generation.

I think that bundles will play a large role in this, if Spider-Man gets bundled I think it could cause a lot of sales as it has a larger appeal than God of War would as a bundle.

Really hard to say. I'll say God of War based on it being an established franchise.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian