By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What will sell better on PS4: God of War or Spider-Man?

What will sell better on PS4: God of War or Spider-Man?

God of War 44 47.83%

Spider-Man 34 36.96%

Virtually a tie 14 15.22%

Total:92

Spiderman!

Around the Network
Jabba89 said:
Why do people think Spider-man will sell so well, look at he other games of the franchise like amazing spider-man game, and the other couple last gen. The top spiderman sales go back to PS2 and PS1.

Because there seems to be genuine hype around this game, something Spider-Man games haven't had since ever.

Stuart23 said:

Simple question, what will get more sales? While at one point it looks logical to some that God of War sell more, Spider-Man is getting a crazy amount of hype and it is the first real big first party AAA featuring the superhero, besides the imense ppularity of the character. What do you think?

A good and difficult question. Two big amazing highlights for the players. Maybe Spiderman... ? Its really hard to say. What do you think?

GoW getting released in a fairly dry period.

Spiderman has hell to worry about in holiday season

Now THIS is a good question...

...Gonna say God of War 4.

Around the Network

God of War but they both will do exceptionally well.

taus90 said:
I see it this way.. this Christmas, which game will a non gamer kid be more interested in spiderman? or god of war? Spiderman has the potential to sell to lot of casual audience or just the fans of the spiderman and there are alot around the world.

I showed the latest game informer trailer to my friend who is not into gaming, but is a spiderman fan.. he offered me to pay half of the game price so that he can play it on my ps4.

So i think lot of people here are underestimating the potential of the new spiderman comparing to the older ones, which were never marketed properly, didnt have AAA budget and never had a studio like insomniac behind it.
God of war will sell well but to gamers! But spiderman has the potential to break into casual audience.

You are right. And the new Spiderman game will be unbelievable for fans - but also appeals to players. Because the trailer are awesome.

Faelco said:
I voted for a tie... Spiderman is the most famous and popular brand, but God of War is a proven games series, so buyers might have more doubts about Spiderman than God of War. If Spiderman gets awesome reviews, it will sell more.

Both games have high production costs and a strong quality, much love to detail. I am very happy that sony supports this games so much, really good work. This year will be extremely memorable for the players :)

Last edited by KazumaKiryu - on 04 May 2018

Spidey. Make Stan Lee Proud.

If this was any other year, I would say Spider-Man. But I think having a quality game from a AAA studio coming off the hype Infinity War will push SM over the edge.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

LivingMetal said:
Spidey. Make Stan Lee Proud.

Stan Lee : D

ShadowSoldier said:
If this was any other year, I would say Spider-Man. But I think having a quality game from a AAA studio coming off the hype Infinity War will push SM over the edge.

It will be very exciting ^^ For now, "God of War" is an extreme success (ratings). The sales figures hopefully in the future too :)