By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What will sell better on PS4: God of War or Spider-Man?

What will sell better on PS4: God of War or Spider-Man?

God of War 44 47.83%

Spider-Man 34 36.96%

Virtually a tie 14 15.22%

Total:92

Spider-man being so much closer to the holiday line up, which is going to be a big one, makes me wonder if it's going to be somewhat overshadowed compared to GOW. I think they will both sell plenty, compared to their franchise past sales and the big AAA PS exclusives so far on PS4, but I think they may end up closer in sales.

Around the Network

I think they will sell about the same, but it is worth noting that, video game intellectual properties have, historically, done a good job of holding off film franchises from overtaking them in popularity.

Peter Parker hanging out up there with my man Kratos at the moment on Amazon hourlies. Let's see how the stamina holds.

God of war is releasing at a better time. holidays have plenty of games.

also this GoW game is going to be huge 

Why do people think Spider-man will sell so well, look at he other games of the franchise like amazing spider-man game, and the other couple last gen. The top spiderman sales go back to PS2 and PS1.

Around the Network
Jabba89 said:
Why do people think Spider-man will sell so well, look at he other games of the franchise like amazing spider-man game, and the other couple last gen. The top spiderman sales go back to PS2 and PS1.

Because like I said,is the first big first party game of Spider-Man and the first game to attract a big hype since,well, since Spider-Man 2. Most of Spider-Man games from last gen floated from weak to okay-ish (except some of the DS ones,those were really good), but this also have a good chance to be great. Aside from the fact the franchise is way too popular.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Stuart23 said:
Jabba89 said:

Because like I said,is the first big first party game of Spider-Man and the first game to attract a big hype since,well, since Spider-Man 2. Most of Spider-Man games from last gen floated from weak to okay-ish (except some of the DS ones,those were really good), but this also have a good chance to be great. Aside from the fact the franchise is way too popular.

I understand that the franchise is very popular but it seems that the fan base is not that interested in spiderman games.

I hope I am wrong though, the game looks really good with an awesome combat system.  I think it will hit around 5 million but has the potential to get to 10 if it is well received.

Jabba89 said:
Stuart23 said:

I understand that the franchise is very popular but it seems that the fan base is not that interested in spiderman games.

I hope I am wrong though, the game looks really good with an awesome combat system.  I think it will hit around 5 million but has the potential to get to 10 if it is well received.

Ask insomniac that, they have been bombarded by question on twitter and reditt about spiderman.. will it have this, will it have that.. #spideysquad and #spidermanps4 has been pretty active since the time they revealed the gameplay..

I see it this way.. this Christmas, which game will a non gamer kid be more interested in spiderman? or god of war? Spiderman has the potential to sell to lot of casual audience or just the fans of the spiderman and there are alot around the world.

I showed the latest game informer trailer to my friend who is not into gaming, but is a spiderman fan.. he offered me to pay half of the game price so that he can play it on my ps4.

So i think lot of people here are underestimating the potential of the new spiderman comparing to the older ones, which were never marketed properly, didnt have AAA budget and never had a studio like insomniac behind it.
God of war will sell well but to gamers! But spiderman has the potential to break into casual audience.

I voted for a tie... Spiderman is the most famous and popular brand, but God of War is a proven games series, so buyers might have more doubts about Spiderman than God of War. If Spiderman gets awesome reviews, it will sell more.