By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remasters - what next?

What remaster would you like?

Spyro 9 24.32%

Mass Effect trilogy 9 24.32%

Splinter Cell 1 2.70%

Prince of Persia 3 8.11%

Quake 1 2.70%

Other 14 37.84%

Total:37

So one of the main trends in the current gaming generation is to remaster older (or even fairly recent) games, extending for porting games from late in the 7th generation to modern updates to old classics.

Of those that are as of yet untouched, what games/series would you like to see remastered and brought onto 8th Gen consoles?

My main two are the Mass Effect trilogy and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Although like with Crash Bandicoot there are others where I never played the originals that I'd be interested to try, such as Spyro.

Note: for the poll I've just picked games that have yet to appear on the 8th Gen consoles or are currently dormant, hence why it's a bit of a random selection.

Last edited by SecondWar - on 02 April 2018

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
rn?

My internet crashed and I had to copy paste the text back in and it kept putting that in. You replied before I could edit my post to remove them.

Hiku said:

The Nier/Drakengard series would be nice to see in an HD Collection for current gen systems. Or at least PS4 since it got Nier: Automata.

Aye. Drakengard for example does not run well on PS3, and the DLC for it costs more than the game nowadays.

I would happily replay Resonance of Fate should it get a FHD/4k facelift.

- Crisis Core FF7 - since we're getting FF7 remake why not the prequel
- Dino Crisis 1&2 - need more/better dinosaur games out there
- Ni No Kuni - self explanatory
- 3D Dot Game Heroes - blocks can always get sharper lol ..and cause this game is dope!

CaptainExplosion said:
Spyro, and include a special bonus game where you beat the shit out of Money Bags.

Huh, I am pretty sure you got to do that even in the originals.

..burn his ass at least.

Around the Network
VersusEvil said:
I'd love a Resistance trilogy remaster and Ratchet & Clank TOD remaster.

I am expecting this..

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Parasite Eve ~2 million seller for a new IP from square in 1997, sold well in Japan and the West, just begs for a remaster as the original, pixels and all, was a beautiful game.

FFVIII, same as above. I personally think that this is Bluepoint's next game from their March 11th announcement.

I want Need for Speed Underground 2, remastered and updated with more cars, additional car modification content and online multiplayer races.

I'd be happy with that.

Other stuff I'm surprised we haven't seen?

Halo 3 Anniversary.
Knights of the Old Republic Collection
Metal Gear Solid Collection

I'd like to see a Super Mario World Remaster with all hand drawn animated graphics.
I figure if they did that one Wario game with cartoon like sprites Nintendo could do it again but on a Cuphead like scale.

Carl2291 said:
I want Need for Speed Underground 2, remastered and updated with more cars, additional car modification content and online multiplayer races.

I'd be happy with that.

Other stuff I'm surprised we haven't seen?

Halo 3 Anniversary.
Knights of the Old Republic Collection
Metal Gear Solid Collection

We didn't really have one this gen, but we certainly had one last gen.