By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why was GTA 4 universally overrated?

MasterThief said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
GTA 4 wasnt overrated. It had NICO MY CUZZZZINNN

stop calling me

but... nico my cuzzzinnn is hereeee lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

The same reason they all are - it’s the definitive series of a popular genre with no real competition. The fact that you’re comparing it to prior entries as opposed to other games of a different series is rather telling as to why fans of the genre cling to each new entry so much.

Personally, I haven’t liked any of them since Vice City.

Azuren said:
HomokHarcos said:
Just like FF7, I don't get how GTA4 can be considered overrated when you have more people calling it overrated than defending it.

Because most people thought GTAIV was overrated, and the people who think FF7 is overrated are just salty 6&9 fans.

Neither 6 or 9 are my favorite FF games. I've been saying FFVII was overrated since 1997, because it is.

My opinion is it's vastly underrated by gamers... and I have my suspicions why. I owned GTA 5. I own GTA 4. GTA 5 had a better story and online play but GTA 4 had a vastly more fun sandbox. You could just play that game for hours and hours doing random shit all by yourself and never get board.

Darc Requiem said:
Azuren said:

Because most people thought GTAIV was overrated, and the people who think FF7 is overrated are just salty 6&9 fans.

Neither 6 or 9 are my favorite FF games. I've been saying FFVII was overrated since 1997, because it is.

Well, every now and again someone is just wrong? :shrug:

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

I still think GTA IV is the best GTA and the best Rockstar game overall. It has some flaws, of course, but it's really good when it comes to narrative.

You mean GTAV? That's the overrated one imo.

Last edited by LipeJJ - on 31 March 2018

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
You mean GTV? That's the overrated one imo.

Gran Turismo 5?

VGPolyglot said:
LipeJJ said:
You mean GTV? That's the overrated one imo.

Gran Turismo 5?

hahahahahhaa my bad. Fixed.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

BraLoD said:
Azuren said:

Exactly, 8&10 fans are okay. It's just the 6&9 fans who get insufferable.

There is so much wrong with this post and the one before it I don't even know where to begin...

So I won't.

It seems like both of you are correct