By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why was GTA 4 universally overrated?

MasterThief said:
Mr Puggsly said:
It was a technical marvel, game mechanics felt great, and story/voice acting was exceptional.

The only thing really wrong with the game is the campaign kinda sucks. If they just made some tweaks it could be a lot more enjoyable though, like mission checkpoints would make it less tedious (which was added in DLC expansions).

you must have not drove a car in GTA IV if you think the game mechanics were great.  

It was okay, I liked that car felt it had weight. When you hit pedestrians the impact along with the physics felt pretty good.

However the driving camera never felt quite right and I recall it being kind of slippery. But like most GTA games the problem is you often spent too much time driving around.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
collint0101 said:
Because 5 and San Andreas have it beat in basically every way

Actually, this makes me look at it from a different angle. Are you asking why it didn't deserve the scores, or why it was rated so high in the first place?

VGPolyglot said:
collint0101 said:
Because 5 and San Andreas have it beat in basically every way

Actually, this makes me look at it from a different angle. Are you asking why it didn't deserve the scores, or why it was rated so high in the first place?

well that was my initial question. I mean I liked GTA 4. but it was the worst one out of vice city san andreas and 5. in my completely honest opinion

it just didn't seem very polished around the edges and the phone mechanic was just really really annoying 

MasterThief said:
VGPolyglot said:

well that was my initial question. I mean I liked GTA 4. but it was the worst one out of vice city san andreas and 5. in my completely honest opinion

it just didn't seem very polished around the edges and the phone mechanic was just really really annoying 

So, the question is why it got those scores in the first place?

Just like FF7, I don't get how GTA4 can be considered overrated when you have more people calling it overrated than defending it.

Around the Network
HomokHarcos said:
Just like FF7, I don't get how GTA4 can be considered overrated when you have more people calling it overrated than defending it.

Because most people thought GTAIV was overrated, and the people who think FF7 is overrated are just salty 6&9 fans.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

GTA 4 wasnt overrated. It had NICO MY CUZZZZINNN

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Ka-pi96 said:
Azuren said:

Because most people thought GTAIV was overrated, and the people who think FF7 is overrated are just salty 6&9 fans.

There's also us 8&10 fans, we're not salty though, we're just awesome

Exactly, 8&10 fans are okay. It's just the 6&9 fans who get insufferable.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

GTA4 > GTA5.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

PwerlvlAmy said:
GTA 4 wasnt overrated. It had NICO MY CUZZZZINNN

stop calling me