By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I'm boycotting Bandai Namco

I guess Dark Souls Remastered is coming for Switch, if you're interested in that you can still check it out.

Around the Network

Just buy the games you are interested in.This boycott thing never worked.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Yeah, I agree.

And also, I'm boycotting Square Enix for not putting FF15, Activision for no COD, EA for no battlefield, Ubisoft for no AssCreed IV port, and Nintendo for not porting super Mario galaxy port or star fox zero.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

The reality is that Bamco didn't believe in the Switch and were caught with their pants down when it succeeded, just like Capcom. Now they're both scrambling to churn out software for the Switch so we probably won't see anything from them that isn't a late port or a low budget project until 2019.

ask Nintendo to make a system that isn't weak . you can't ask developers to make miracles or make shitty ports for an extremely underpowered piece of hardware

its weaker than an original xbox one. Naruto storm that is PUBLISHED by bandai is going to run at last gen resolution on the console.

my gawd.

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Most of their internally developed games are mediocre and low budget anime crap, so I don't really care.

Ni No Kuni 2 
Dragonball
Naruto
Little Witch Academia
My Hero Academia
Sword Art Online games (Infinity Moment, Hollow Fragment, Lost Song)
Tales of series 
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth & Hacker's Memory
Dark Souls II & III  (and Dark Souls: Remastered)
Ace Combat
.hack//G.U. games

They make/publish some good games, not all of them are "greats" but alot of them are pretty good.

Boycutting them would hurt abit if your a fan of one of these series.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 24 March 2018

theDX said:
wombat123 said:
The reality is that Bamco didn't believe in the Switch and were caught with their pants down when it succeeded, just like Capcom. Now they're both scrambling to churn out software for the Switch so we probably won't see anything from them that isn't a late port or a low budget project until 2019.

I keep hearing this, but there is no indication that this will happen.

If you're referring to articles stating that Japanese game publishers were caught with their pants down then here's two:

Third-party publishers in Japan caught off-guard by Switch's success, big games arriving later as a result

http://www.gamepodunk.com/article/industry-news/nintendo/third-party-publishers-in-japan-caught-off-guard-by-switchs-success-big-games-arriving-later-as-a-result-r4905/

Bandai Namco Admits It Was Caught Off Guard By Switch Success
https://gamingbolt.com/bandai-namco-admits-it-was-caught-off-guard-by-switch-success-announces-three-exclusive-games-for-summer-2018

Its a hard logic

1. Vow to boycott and show them they will not stand for their practices by buying ports of older games or late ports and speak with your money

then

2. Said dev/pub sees their game sales not selling due to boycott or whatever reason, then decide to not support the platform at all and no longer releases their games on said system

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/11/07/bandai-namco-ramping-up-development-for-switch-due-to-its-success/

Bandai straight up said that they didn't believed that Switch would be accepted that fast and they were looking to ramp up the production on Switch to boost more games in the console starting in april. That was said back in november, just 4 months ago. Games take time to be produced, no one can say for sure if those games listed will make it to Switch, some maybe, some don't, but definitelly have more in store to be revealed for Switch. Be patience,thirds weren't expecting demand for their games after the Wii U-third-party-disaster, you can't blame them for not being prepared for the Switch's success.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

i will be buying their pokemon toys