By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most overrated game ever in your opinion?

OTBWY said:
potato_hamster said:

One Nintendo game, one Switch Exclusive third party game, and one PS4 game.

So, wrong.

What are those three games?

BotW, Mario + Rabbids, Nier: Automata (PS4 version).

Around the Network
OTBWY said:
potato_hamster said:

So, wrong.

Those games are irrelevant to the conversation.

potato_hamster said:
OTBWY said:

I'd recommend you just don't reply anymore, or others will drag out what Rol started for another 10 pages. xD

potato_hamster said:
OTBWY said:

So, Nintendo game (1-2-Switch), Switch exclusive (Ultra Street Fighter II) and a PS4 game? (Knack 2)

potato_hamster said:

RolStoppable said:

Non-Nintendo games.

So, wrong.

Odyssey, HZD, ... and Super Bomberman R!

Around the Network

GTA IV for sure. Every other mainline gta game is better than IV.
Witcher 3 for sure as well. Skyrim is miles better.
Pokemon X/Y (worst game in the series, by far)
Super mario 3D world is an 8/10 game. Doesn't even close to Galaxy or Odyssey to me.
Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2005 is way overrated. Hot pursuit and mw2012 are leagues better.

edit: also uncharted and last of us are mind numbingly boring. The modern tomb raiders are much better.

edit2: fallout 3 and oblivion are utter trash as well.

Last edited by flashfire926 - on 23 March 2018

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

For me, far and away Uncharted. The other games I'm going to list, aren't games I hate, but man I almost hate Uncharted alone just based on how overrated it is, and that's not even counting how poorly designed it is. A story that is massively overrated because ... uhhh ... PS3 cutscenes! The future! Characters that are thin as ice, EXTREEEEMELY inconsistent in their character arks, stories that feel like they never have a proper mid-game, shitty villains(okay ... 4's was almost good), games repeating their place in the story (4 is literally just 3 if 3 wasn't trash), terrible gun mechanics (how did Naughty Dog go from shit with 1, to decent with 2, to the biggest shit with 3?), and last but certainly most egregious ... the type of gameplay that isn't even fun. Walk, run, kill 2 guys, and then climb a wall for 3 minutes. Edit: Actually I have to edit this, this is wrong, as of Uncharted 4 IT'S ACTUALLY : Walk, walk, walk, get on a boat, walk, walk, press triangle, walk, walk, walk, walk, walk, shoot, run, climb, walk.

Okay ... so moving on ...

Breath of the Wild. I'm not even going to explain why, it's too sad.

Super Mario Odyssey's objectives are beyond forgiveness. So boring and shitty. The levels even lock out which content you can pursue at once (and i'm not talking about before the boss fights either) so you can't even do the content you want in the order you want ... which ruins the point of a ... sandbox game. The endgame is literally just Nintendo reusing content and doing a shitty job of spreading new objectives around. Super Mario 3D World, which is probably one of the top 50 games I've ever played, was way better.

If I stay bad at Splatoon, Splatoon. If I get good at Splatoon, not Splatoon, but the Splatoom GaaS model.

Shovel Knight. It was .... ok .... but that was it.

The Last of Us. I'm still trying to figure out how this was considered an original story when The Walking Dead was also a popular game? It's still a good game though.

Oh, and even though it's not a game, Kojima. No one gives a shit if you want to grow your Youtube channel by paying lip service to Kojima by ranting about Konami long after they've already been made irrelevant, shut the fuck up already.

Not sure, not many for me.

Nier Automata is highly overated in my opinion.

Last Of Us
Uncharted
Metal Gear 5
Metroid
Horizon
Halo
FallOut 3 and 4
Twilight Princess
Majoras Mask
Infamous series

i have many more but ill stop there

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

TruckOSaurus said:
pokoko said:

Both?  Mario tends to be the one people rate the highest and I've owned two of them.  I have played 2D platformers I liked more, such as Sonic and Rayman, though neither held my attention for very long and I have no interest in them now.

What do you mean by memory based gameplay?

Games of that era tended to be about remembering patterns.  Enemy paths, unexpected jumps, moving platforms, which thing has a power-up.  That's why you could go through a lot of them blindfolded, almost, once you developed muscle memory.  Get the timing down well enough and you could see just how short many of those games actually were in terms of content and just how completely static the environments were.