By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most overrated game ever in your opinion?

Half Life 1

Most (if not all points) it’s hailed for where done before. Oh and Unreal 1 is a better game.

Around the Network

It is quite simple without context the guy is obviously trolling

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

JRPGfan said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Nintendo. Good games, most are massively overrated imho.

Sometimes Nintendo games are just damn good.
DKC Tropical Freeze is like the best platformer ever made (imo).

Mario Galaxy I & II are just amasing, as is Mario Kart 8.
Those games are NOT overrated.

Yep, all those are overrated. Good thing these are opinions :)

RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:
It is quite simple without context the guy is obviously trolling

*looks at kirby007's post and cannot find proper context*

Irony.

Just because i didnt quote some people doesnt mean this thread didnt supply context

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Assasin’s Creed. All style, no substance.

Around the Network

I agree with many posts in this thread. So instead I will just say that most major AAA games and most indies appear to be overrated imo. Mid tier games don't get enough credit :).

I suppose an answer that hasn't been said yet is Journey.

Rafie said:
Barkley said:
I'd condemn the entire fighting and hack and slash genres to overrated.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Why man...just why? *sigh*

Smash Bros is the only fighting game I can find enjoyable, it's a bit more fun and casual than two characters on a flat surface facing each other. Now let me go hide from the Smash Bros eSports community.

I did play through the injustice story mode on easy though because I like DC, won't ever touch it again though.

Zelda games.

flashfire926 said: 

edit: also uncharted and last of us are mind numbingly boring. The modern tomb raiders are much better.

The modern Tomb Raiders are SO MUCH better than the Uncharted games. Finally found someone who shares the same opinion in that regard!

B O I

Gen 7 games.