By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most overrated game ever in your opinion?

Tetris

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
potato_hamster said:
Pyro as Bill said:
Splatoon 2 is over rated. Why have weapons that run out of ammo? Ruins the game imo.

I agree I think the game would be better if you didn't have to reload by dropping into squid form. I think it would be better if you automatically reloaded if you were standing in your ink.

That sounds even more game breaking. Thinking about it more makes me realise how dumb it would be.

I'm changing my answer to Portal instead. Good game but not worthy of the hype.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

LudicrousSpeed said:
Nintendo. Good games, most are massively overrated imho.

Sometimes Nintendo games are just damn good.
DKC Tropical Freeze is like the best platformer ever made (imo).

Mario Galaxy I & II are just amasing, as is Mario Kart 8.
Those games are NOT overrated.

Well, I already mentioned Red Dead Redemption earlier, but here's a few others I thought of.

-Dead Space. A horror game that for about 90% of the time isn't actually scary.
-Dragon Age: Origins. Lost interest in this one after about 15 hours and never went back.
-Dead or Alive. The series in general just isn't even close to other 3D fighting game series like Tekken and Soul Calibur

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

Let's not pretend that this pile of shit didn't come out of your ass. I made a post that was 100% on topic, and you decided to bomb in and let everyone know why you think I wrote what I wrote. This derailment is 100% on you.

Sorry not sorry for refusing to kowtow to your ego. If want to know my top five games of 2017 that badly, you can guess them, and I'll tell you when you're right. Otherwise you're just going to deal with not knowing.

My post was on topic. It's the nature of a thread like this that people get asked about why they think a game is overrated. Regardless of if you got politely asked or met with an assumption, you should be able to justify your initial post.

You made the decision to evade a clear answer and drag it out as long as possible. I've repeatedly asked you to give clear and short answers, but you opted to write longwinded excuses.

Thread title: "What's the most overrated game ever in your opinion?" Does it say "What's the most overrated game ever in your opinion and why?" No. No it doesn't. So no, your comment was completely unnecessary and unjustified. In fact I wasn't even the first person to mention Breath of the Wild, but you skipped over that and responded to me because I assume you were attempting to cause shit. Surprise, surprise.

Furthermore, I have given clear and short answers to your original necessary, unjustified. I'll answer it one more time.  Here, I'll bold it for you so it could not be made any clearer.

I do not think Breath of the Wild is over-rated because it was made by Nintendo. Your assumption is wrong.

The reason you keep spilling your diarrhetic nonsense all over this thread is because you're so egotistical you think you can expect me to answer your questions the way you want them to be answered, and think it's reasonable to refuse to accept anything short of me kowtowing to your demands as valid.

Around the Network

Quite a few games, I can't choose one:

The MGS games

The Elder Scroll games

Uncharteds

Journey

Human Revolution

Bioshocks, especially Infinite

The new Tomb Raiders

The Final Fantasies except X

Bayonetta

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Pyro as Bill said:
potato_hamster said:

I agree I think the game would be better if you didn't have to reload by dropping into squid form. I think it would be better if you automatically reloaded if you were standing in your ink.

That sounds even more game breaking. Thinking about it more makes me realise how dumb it would be.

I'm changing my answer to Portal instead. Good game but not worthy of the hype.

Well it means that you'd only be running out of ink if you bomb into enemy or neutral territory without claiming any of it for yourself first.

Not the most, but I would say OoT is overrated

It's a good game, super revolutionary at the time, but it's really dated now :p

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

potato_hamster said:

RolStoppable said:

Non-Nintendo games.

One Nintendo game, one Switch Exclusive third party game, and one PS4 game.

So, wrong.

What are those three games?

Ontopic: The Last of Us.