Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most overrated game ever in your opinion?

Rafie said:
COKTOE said:
I'm gonna add a few more in addition to FF VII, which is probably my top pick.

Diddy Kong Racing

Viva Pinata

Virtua Fighter 2 ( any platform )

That'll do.

*Gasp* TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Heh, yeah, I know that it's pretty beloved, especially around here. That's what makes it a good pick! It left me cold though. I remember thinking it felt slow, and not being impressed on a tech level. It's been over 20 years, so it's difficult to elaborate. I preferred Mario Kart 64, and furthermore, preferred the SNES Mario Kart to MK 64.

Chinese food for breakfast

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
Rafie said:

*Gasp* TAKE THAT BACK!!!

Heh, yeah, I know that it's pretty beloved, especially around here. That's what makes it a good pick! It left me cold though. I remember thinking it felt slow, and not being impressed on a tech level. It's been over 20 years, so it's difficult to elaborate. I preferred Mario Kart 64, and furthermore, preferred the SNES Mario Kart to MK 64.

What about VF2?

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

I don't owe you that information. All I said was that Breath of the Wild wasn't the best game of 2017. You're the one who has bombed in and attempted to tell everyone why I would think that, and fucked it up.

I don't think so. You are unable to name the Nintendo game that is supposedly among your games of the year 2017. I think that's because naming such a game means that you would have to give definitive credit to Nintendo, and you are not able to do that. Which means that my initial point stands.

Your initial point doesn't stand and furthermore has never stood. Not ever. You're wrong, Rol. You always have been.  This may be shocking to you, but as it turns out, your flawed opinion isn't an objective fact.

I am perfectly able to list every single game I found to be a better experience than Breath or the Wild that was released in 2017. I just choose not to. The fact that you can't accept that my refusal to submit to your completely toothless demands obviously doesn't actually prove your original premise was correct is just another shining example of your ego and narcissism.

If you actually do have me figured out as well as you think you do, list my top five games of 2017. I'll tell you when you get the list 100% correct only. It should be way too easy if you're half of the judge of character you think you are.

potato_hamster said:
RolStoppable said:

I don't think so. You are unable to name the Nintendo game that is supposedly among your games of the year 2017. I think that's because naming such a game means that you would have to give definitive credit to Nintendo, and you are not able to do that. Which means that my initial point stands.

Your initial point doesn't stand and furthermore has never stood. Not ever. You're wrong, Rol. You always have been.  This may be shocking to you, but as it turns out, your flawed opinion isn't an objective fact.

I am perfectly able to list every single game I found to be a better experience than Breath or the Wild that was released in 2017. I just choose not to. The fact that you can't accept that my refusal to submit to your completely toothless demands obviously doesn't actually prove your original premise was correct is just another shining example of your ego and narcissism.

If you actually do have me figured out as well as you think you do, list my top five games of 2017. I'll tell you when you get the list 100% correct only. It should be way too easy if you're half of the judge of character you think you are.

You only have to name the three games you alluded to before. That doesn't take a lot of time. Additionally, if I am supposedly so wrong, the quickest way to show it is by listing the three games.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

You only have to name the three games you alluded to before. That doesn't take a lot of time. Additionally, if I am supposedly so wrong, the quickest way to show it is by listing the three games.

You're right, that is all I have to do. Yet here I am, letting you and your ego do it for me.

So go ahead. List my top 5 games of 2017. I'll be generous and give you a hint: #5 is a multi-platform game.

Around the Network
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad game. It's just not very good either. 

Got the exact same opinion with Zelda BoW. Never seen such an overrated game just to make the fans happy.

potato_hamster said:
RolStoppable said:

You're right, that is all I have to do. Yet here I am, letting you and your ego do it for me.

So go ahead. List my top 5 games of 2017. I'll be generous and give you a hint: #5 is a multi-platform game.

You insist on five games now because I was 2 out of 3 when we were talking about only three games?

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Nymeria said:
I never got Myst growing up, but it sold so many copies (6 million making it the best selling PC game of all time back then) in the 1990s. People acted like it was the future of gaming when I saw a pretty average puzzle adventure game held up by new technology of CD visuals.

A more recent title that I thought was far better, but didn't come close to Myst sales was The Witness. Some games feel very time and place and don't age well, and think Myst was one of those technological curiosities that is lost when going back with twenty years of advancement.

Myst had two things going for it.  The great graphics (at the time) and the puzzle difficulty.  The puzzle difficulty has definitely held up, even if the graphics haven't.  Especially in the second game, Riven.  If you can beat Riven without a walkthrough, it's a massive accomplishment, and very satisfying.

Last edited by CladInShadows - on 23 March 2018

potato_hamster said:
RolStoppable said:

Can you guys please continue this childish discussion elsewhere? You're not even talking about the thread's topic anymore.

G O O D B O I

RolStoppable said:
potato_hamster said:

You insist on five games now because I was 2 out of 3 when we were talking about only three games?

Who said you were two out of three? I said you had at least one of them incorrect.