By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goku for Smash 5? I say YES!

Tagged games:

Should Goku Join Smash 5?

Yes 32 44.44%

No 38 52.78%

Broly 2 2.78%

Total:72
Azuren said:
Simpleton said:
Are we actually using Cloud as an excuse for Goku?

Cloud is an icon for a long lasting series that has a big ties with Nintendo. Goku represents nothing.

Cloud is an icon that represents Square turning their back on Nintendo. Perfect fit for Smash.

You say that when we have Sonic in Smash.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Simpleton said:
Are we actually using Cloud as an excuse for Goku?

Cloud is an icon for a long lasting series that has a big ties with Nintendo. Goku represents nothing.

Cloud is an icon that represents Square turning their back on Nintendo. Perfect fit for Smash.

lmaoooooooooooooo

Azuren said:
spemanig said:

While that's a really good point and something to consider, I think it's only fair that someone point out the most important factor here, which is that he's not a video game character

Which is why he has appeared here. As a character.

In a video game.

Yeah, but you're forgetting that Goku isn't a video game character

Hynad said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Like the weak reasons for having Goku IN Smash.

It's really simple, really.

If people want Goku in the game, that really shouldn't bother you. 

If you don't want to play as him, just don't. But let the others who want to play as him have their fun.

mZuzek said:

Yes, 2 years prior in fact.

I thought the anime came first. But I'm really not into Pokémon.

Even if Nintendo started including anime and cartoon characters there are still better suited iconic ones to pick over Goku. 

It would be pretty cool if Goku got put into Smash, but I'm against it because it'll open the gateway for a bunch of other animu/mango characters to be continuously be asked to be put into Smash. The only Shounen series I've regularly watched/read is Jojo and Hero Academia, and I'm not okay with having Jotaro or Deku going up in a fight against Mario, Link, Sonic, or any Smash character.
Except Captain Falcon, because that would be fucking sick.

lol signatues

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Why not Chrono? At least he’s a similar looking video game character and not some obscure Japanimation character from the 60s or 70s.

Obscure (adj.):
1. not discovered or known about; uncertain.
2. not clearly expressed or easily understood.
3. not important or well known.
4. hard to make out or define; vague.

Out of the two, Chrono is the one who better fits the definition of 'obscure.' Hell, half the Smash Bros. roster is obscure. Goku is a far more popular and recognizable character than Shulk, Pit, Lucina, Ness, Little Mac, Samus, or Captain Falcon will ever be. If you added him to the roster, he would be the most popular character in the game that's not Mario-related, Pokemon-related, or Pac-Man.

This statement comes after a thread was made about Latin Americans having live screenings of the latest episode of Dragon Ball Super that had as many as TEN THOUSAND PEOPLE watching it. 
One could make the case that he is more popular in other parts in the world like Latin America than in Southeast Asia. 

Also, like how you can say that people who have never played a video game in their lives know who Mario are Pikachu are, and people who have never read a comic book in their lives know who Superman is; We could very well reach the point, one day, where people who have never seen an anime or read manga in their lives will know who Goku is, if we haven't already.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 20 March 2018

spemanig said:
Azuren said:

Which is why he has appeared here. As a character.

In a video game.

And you're forgetting he's had more screen time in games than he has in anime and movies combined.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

mZuzek said:
Azuren said:

Right, that's the part where you're in denial.

What a weird way to spell acceptance.

Point proven, but this isn't going anywhere anymore. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
spemanig said:

And you're forgetting he's had more screen time in games than he has in anime and movies combined.

Perhaps, but he's had even more time not being a video game character

YES for Goku, but the force, the mighty from goku is extremly. Nobody has a chance xDDD

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!