3 16 12.70%

4 5 3.97%

5 16 12.70%

6 2 1.59%

7 1 0.79%

8 1 0.79%

>8 34 26.98%

Total:126

I don't get it, but it will probably do well with big Nintendo fans that say its for their kids...

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:
pikashoe said:

You sound pretty offended and angry here. I'm sorry I called you out on your behaviour. In my OPINION you came across as needlessly aggressive towards people that like a product that you don't, so I decided to make a quick little joke about it. You can have an OPINION without being an asshole about it man. Sorry if I was being to OUTSPOKEN to you, maybe you shouldn't get offended by other people's opinions so much dude.

I hope you don't stop replying, I'm finding your hypocritical reactions really funny.

Oh yes I'm very angry cause cardboard... LOL

And you managed to get offended and downright insult me with name calling over... a CARDBOARD toy. Dude you're making my day. I'm eagerly awaiting your reply cause, and I must agree with you here, this is indeed funny.

Is this meant for me? Didn't I already tell you I have no interest in buying labo? This is why I find you funny, you just talk without thinking about what we've talked about before.

Just because I called you an asshole doesn't mean I'm offended by anything you said. I just don't think you need to insult people for wanting to buy something you don't like. As I've said before you can have your opinion without being an asshole about it. 

Louie said:

I think it is going to sell well (2-3 million) but not be a huge success. So far, I'm seeing two target audiences for this: Kids, and really nerdy adults who are also Nintendo fans. The target audience is quite narrow, especially considering the price of the Switch and Labo combined, but it should sell some hardware to the kids market.
I'd prefer if Nintendo released the next Wii Sport instead of it, though. "Switch Sports" would be a perfect fit for the Switch, while Labo is more a labor of love of some weird Nintendo dudes - didn't Miyamoto make dolls before he started developing games? This gives me the same vibe.

Wii/Switch sports i would love but it doesn't have to be "Instead of". It can be in addition to, once LABO is adopted by consumers.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Cardboard being a step back is an illusion.

There are many advantages to using cardboard. Firstly, it does the job, and it has been documented already that it isn't flimsy or easy to break. Second, it is easy to get rid of, therefore it is good for the environment. So, actually I don't think it's a step back, but the opposite. It's a step forward.

In the future, these larger products could be made of cardboard. Why not?

You think most toys nowadays, you're paying for plastic? Not at all. Most of what youre paying has to do with the industrial design. And Labo is ALL industrial design. In fact, it is very intelligently created. The value of the industrial design behind Labo is huge. And I believe this is a sign of things to come.

Someone asked me the other day, how the robots of the future would be made. And my answer is, a very small portion will use circuits and metal, most of them will be made of other materials. Perhaps not even plastic. I wouldn't be surprised if they were made of cardboard, aside from the chip set. It's a very good material that can be replaced easily.

zorg1000 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

*sigh*.

You "They shoved it in front of target groups and they loved it!" 

Me "There is a difference between shoving it in front of target groups and getting people who don't even know it exists to buy it in mass."

*Sigh*

You're changing goalposts.

You said reception was mixed and people either love it or hate it. I responded that the reception from the target demographic has been almost exclusively positive.

What you said in your last 2 posts is irrelevant.

No, FORUM reception was mixed. You inferred what I said incorrectly if you thought I was talking about focus groups.

Around the Network
Azelover said:
Cardboard being a step back is an illusion.

There are many advantages to using cardboard. Firstly, it does the job, and it has been documented already that it isn't flimsy or easy to break. Second, it is easy to get rid of, therefore it is good for the environment. So, actually I don't think it's a step back, but the opposite. It's a step forward.

In the future, these larger products could be made of cardboard. Why not?

You think most toys nowadays, you're paying for plastic? Not at all. Most of what youre paying has to do with the industrial design. And Labo is ALL industrial design. In fact, it is very intelligently created. The value of the industrial design behind Labo is huge. And I believe this is a sign of things to come.

Someone asked me the other day, how the robots of the future would be made. And my answer is, a very small portion will use circuits and metal, most of them will be made of other materials. Perhaps not even plastic. I wouldn't be surprised if they were made of cardboard, aside from the chip set. It's a very good material that can be replaced easily.

There's way too much logic in this post!

The idea that it's just cardboard denies the briliance of this product.  Everytime I show the video to someone and the piano actually plays sound, their jaws drop.  They say WTF, how does it do that? Everytime!  The rest of the video is icing on the cake where their mind is still trying to catch up with what they're seeing.  They're not freaking out about it being cardboard, they're freaking out about it being cardboard and yet able to do something almost magic or at the very least hi-tech, albeit with a low-tech vibe.

What people forget the most I think, though, is that this isn't about cardboard or even the software that comes with it.  This is about the Switch.  This is about all the gadgetry packed into the joycons and the fact that they are so versatile to be able to be removed from the handheld and put to use in a variety of unexpected uses.  And we've only seen the first series and a half of what's to come.  

setsunatenshi said:
curl-6 said:

I was one of those kids who played with LEGO and made paper planes and stuff, the act of physically building things was a big part of the fun. On the other hand, I find strapping a headset to my face more intrusive than immersive. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I have a follow up question if you don't mind.

Have you actually tried VR? If yes, which one? If yes again, which VR games or experiences have you tried and what were your complains regarding those?

Honestly curious.

Yeah, tried one of the PC ones, can't remember if it was Oculus or Vive. It was one of those sci-fi setting tech demos. I just didn't enjoy having the headset strapped to my face, it kinda defeated the whole "immersion" thing. The current VR hype reminds me of the 3D TV hype back in 2010-2011, it's being pushed like it's the way of the future, but for me they both fall flat for the same reason; the standard way of playing is just more comfortable and hassle-free.

pikashoe said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

Oh yes I'm very angry cause cardboard... LOL

And you managed to get offended and downright insult me with name calling over... a CARDBOARD toy. Dude you're making my day. I'm eagerly awaiting your reply cause, and I must agree with you here, this is indeed funny.

Is this meant for me? Didn't I already tell you I have no interest in buying labo? This is why I find you funny, you just talk without thinking about what we've talked about before.

Just because I called you an asshole doesn't mean I'm offended by anything you said. I just don't think you need to insult people for wanting to buy something you don't like. As I've said before you can have your opinion without being an asshole about it. 

Chill dude. There's no need to insult people. You can disagree with Crazygamer without calling him names.

super_etecoon said:

There's way too much logic in this post!

The idea that it's just cardboard denies the briliance of this product.  Everytime I show the video to someone and the piano actually plays sound, their jaws drop.  They say WTF, how does it do that? Everytime!  The rest of the video is icing on the cake where their mind is still trying to catch up with what they're seeing.  They're not freaking out about it being cardboard, they're freaking out about it being cardboard and yet able to do something almost magic or at the very least hi-tech, albeit with a low-tech vibe.

That's a big part of the appeal to me too; the whole "wow, how did they do that with just the joycons and a screen?" It's like a magic trick.

AlfredoTurkey said:
zorg1000 said:

*Sigh*

You're changing goalposts.

You said reception was mixed and people either love it or hate it. I responded that the reception from the target demographic has been almost exclusively positive.

What you said in your last 2 posts is irrelevant.

No, FORUM reception was mixed. You inferred what I said incorrectly if you thought I was talking about focus groups.

Yes and im saying forum reception is irrelevant and the reception of the target demographic is what is important.

If you're the head of Nick Jr. whose feedback are you going to be concerned about when creating new TV shows? Young kids and parents. You are going to want young kids to like the shows and want parents to find the shows appropriate for their kids to watch.

You arent going to care about the opinion of a 23 year old, childless person when it comes to Paw Patrol or PJ Masks.

On the flip side, the opinion of a 6 year old girl or a 70 year old woman is irrelevant when it comes to a game that is aimed at 17-35 year old males.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

curl-6 said: 
pikashoe said:

Chill dude. There's no need to insult people. You can disagree with Crazygamer without calling him names.

Please don't say chill. I'm not angry or anything. I feel like my tone isn't coming across to well here. Try reading most of what I've said here in a more jokingly manner. I'm not being entirely serious with everything I'm saying and am purposefully trying to parody his 'non sugar coated' way of speaking. I think I successfully proved that he is unable to take people talking to him in the same way he talks to others. 

I can't see how Labo is going to flop. It's a low risk investment. Even if Nintendo were to sell less than 2 million Labo games, they would still make a bunch of money from it. If they can't sell anymore than that, then they can easily sweep it under the rug like it never happened. If it were a piece of hardware that had hundreds of millions of dollars in R&D invested into it, then it could easily flop.

Check out my art blog: http://jon-erich-art.blogspot.com