5 16 12.70%

6 2 1.59%

7 1 0.79%

8 1 0.79%

>8 34 26.98%

Total:126
peachbuggy said:
Kai_Mao said:
Remember Iwata’s quote that video games should be fun, fun for everyone? Labo is just an opportunity to expand the Switch audience, which is mostly young adults predominantly male. Labo isn’t anything new from Nintendo. This goes back to their days as a toy company. Look back at all their history of toy making prior to the late 70s.

If the US Air Force can use PS3s to create a supercomputer, then I’m sure schools and other science/educational related organizations can utilize Labo for unique things as well. Labo is a way to utilize the joy cons to most (if not all) of their potential. And as Nintendo said, it’s for the young and the young at heart. I don’t see what’s wrong with that. Does it affect their other projects? I don’t think so. They have multiple teams in EPD, subdivisions outside their company, and third party partners that are developing Switch games right now. Not everyone on EPD is on this particular project.

True. I think some people on this thread need to look at your last 2 lines particularly for reference.

I think there’s just too much cynicism in regards to Nintendo selling cardboard with software. Not everything made by Nintendo sold well guys! Look at Virtual Boy, Animal Crossing amiibo Festival, Star Fox Zero, N64 DD, and Wii U. 

And as I said before, Nintendo isn’t in unfamiliar territory in creating such a product. Hell, back when they first launched the NES, they included ROB the Robot.

Around the Network
CrazyGamer2017 said:

People will buy this cardboard and think they just got the latest high-tech device. Such is the power of Nintendo, only they can sell you cardboard and make you believe it's the Matrix...
Any other company trying to sell you cardboard and they would be the laughing stock in the high-tech world but it's Nintendo so yeah I believe it will sell very well.

If you think 80 bucks is a lot for a couple pieces of cardboard wait till Nintendo pulls their "limited number of units available" stunt as they have done before and you will see this cardboard sell for the price of gold on Ebay, Amazon etc...

I'm sensing a little bit of bias from this post. It's subtle but it's definitely there.

pikashoe said:

I'm sensing a little bit of bias from this post. It's subtle but it's definitely there.

It's called an opinion and opinions are biased by nature. I'm not a referee or a debate host so I don't have to be unbiased, just as pro-Nintendo fans (or fans of any other company) are biased too and will speak favorably of their system.

Though rhetorical, the real question here is: why criticism makes you react and feel there is bias when favorable comments just as biased but to the other side of the debate would not make you react about their favorable bias?

setsunatenshi said:
zorg1000 said:

You have to take into account what the goal of each product is.

VR is about isolation & immersion.

Labo is about creation & interaction.

One is about taking yourself away from your surroundings and entering a new world while the other is about engineering your own devices and seeing what they can do.

For someone who loves to build which product is more appealing?

My main point is the following:

1 product relates to videogames, a new, more immersive way of playing videogames

The other product is only in the most tangential way related to a videogame (pretty much having the Nintendo logo on it).

So how in a videogame forum can we seriously be praising the later one while dismissing the first?

I would understand that in a forum regarding lego or other similar types of hobby/toys, but not on a videogame forum that is so hardcore we discuss sales (hw & sw) as well as console wars.

Of course anyone is free to enjoy what they enjoy, that should go without saying.

This statement is untrue. Please define what a video game is.

CrazyGamer2017 said:

People will buy this cardboard and think they just got the latest high-tech device. Such is the power of Nintendo, only they can sell you cardboard and make you believe it's the Matrix...
Any other company trying to sell you cardboard and they would be the laughing stock in the high-tech world but it's Nintendo so yeah I believe it will sell very well.

If you think 80 bucks is a lot for a couple pieces of cardboard wait till Nintendo pulls their "limited number of units available" stunt as they have done before and you will see this cardboard sell for the price of gold on Ebay, Amazon etc...

Sigh, I really shouldn't waste my time replying to such a bad post, but oh well.

People interested in Labo already know what they can expect from it. Nobody will be fooled. Nobody expects this to be a serious video game. It's different and it's very obvious. If you can't see that, it's definitely not Nintendo's fault.

Also, could this bullshit stop that whatever Nintendo throws on the market instantly sells like crazy, please? Like, do you even expect a serious discussion after such nonsense?

Gamer147 said:
I just hope the Labo doesn’t hurt switch sales. If it hurts the Switches overall image it may impact sales.

It won't. The great thing of the NS is that the console is a lot of things to a lot of people. Nintendo can try and perhaps even fail on such things. As long as the games keep coming, they should be good.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

I think it is going to sell well (2-3 million) but not be a huge success. So far, I'm seeing two target audiences for this: Kids, and really nerdy adults who are also Nintendo fans. The target audience is quite narrow, especially considering the price of the Switch and Labo combined, but it should sell some hardware to the kids market.
I'd prefer if Nintendo released the next Wii Sport instead of it, though. "Switch Sports" would be a perfect fit for the Switch, while Labo is more a labor of love of some weird Nintendo dudes - didn't Miyamoto make dolls before he started developing games? This gives me the same vibe.

GoOnKid said:

Sigh, I really shouldn't waste my time replying to such a bad post, but oh well.

People interested in Labo already know what they can expect from it. Nobody will be fooled. Nobody expects this to be a serious video game. It's different and it's very obvious. If you can't see that, it's definitely not Nintendo's fault.

Also, could this bullshit stop that whatever Nintendo throws on the market instantly sells like crazy, please? Like, do you even expect a serious discussion after such nonsense?

If you really did not want to waste your time, you shouldn't have replied period. But you did because you couldn't resist the need to be condescending. As for a serious discussion, I usually expect one from people who can take criticism and divergent opinions so don't worry I'm obviously not expecting that from you.

CrazyGamer2017 said:
pikashoe said:

It's called an opinion and opinions are biased by nature. I'm not a referee or a debate host so I don't have to be unbiased, just as pro-Nintendo fans (or fans of any other company) are biased too and will speak favorably of their system.

Though rhetorical, the real question here is: why criticism makes you react and feel there is bias when favorable comments just as biased but to the other side of the debate would not make you react about their favorable bias?

It was only a joke.

Your comment came across very poorly to be honest. You went out of you're way to insult the opinions and tastes of other people. Most of the positive comments are pretty understanding in how this product may not appeal to certain people.

When i was talking about bias i wasnt talking specifically about this product. I was talking more about your bias against nintendo and nintendo fans. We all have our preferences, but we don't need to act like cunts about it, like in your comment. I feel we can have civilized conversations about this without resorting to spouting angry hate fueled nonsense at one another.

My opinion on labo is that it's an interesting idea with a lot of potential for a certain audience. I don't think I'm part of the target audience and doubt that I'll buy it. 

CrazyGamer2017 said:
GoOnKid said:

If you really did not want to waste your time, you shouldn't have replied period. But you did because you couldn't resist the need to be condescending. As for a serious discussion, I usually expect one from people who can take criticism and divergent opinions so don't worry I'm obviously not expecting that from you.

Sorry but the one who is condescending is clearly you. You called people who buy Labo unable to reognize what it is. And you said everything that NIntendo shits out is bought by the masses. Both is wrong. Both is easily disproven. How can you even believe something like this? smh

pikashoe said:
CrazyGamer2017 said:

It was only a joke.

Your comment came across very poorly to be honest. You went out of you're way to insult the opinions and tastes of other people. Most of the positive comments are pretty understanding in how this product may not appeal to certain people.

When i was talking about bias i wasnt talking specifically about this product. I was talking more about your bias against nintendo and nintendo fans. We all have our preferences, but we don't need to act like cunts about it, like in your comment. I feel we can have civilized conversations about this without resorting to spouting angry hate fueled nonsense at one another.

My opinion on labo is that it's an interesting idea with a lot of potential for a certain audience. I don't think I'm part of the target audience and doubt that I'll buy it. 

My opinion is that going from processors, electronics and high tech screens to cardboard is a serious step back no matter how we look at it. If you call that hate or uncivilized then we probably don't have the same definition of what is hate and what is uncivilized. Seriously and this is just my opinion you and some other people very seriously need to take a step back and stop being offended by criticism. I think there's a thread recently opened by someone asking that people should stop being offended all the time, or something. And I'm saying this for your benefit cause if you guys are going to be offended by criticism then you are going to spend the rest of your lives being offended because you will always encounter diverging opinions. Just disagree and explain why, that is fine, just like you did in the last part of your comment. Your opinion on Labo is fine and as worthy as any other and I disagree with you on it but here is the difference: I am not offended by it, it's your opinion and I can disagree with it without the need of being offended.

It is my nature to be outspoken on what I disagree with, no matter the topic, I don't sugar coat it and I'm sorry if it comes across as hate or something but believe me, hate is something altogether different and to put it clearly I don't hate Nintendo, I probably was playing on a Nintendo machine long before most people here even knew Nintendo existed.

Last edited by CrazyGamer2017 - on 21 March 2018